The purpose of this blog is to help keep our family and friends updated with the happenings of our life. We hope this will help everyone feel more connected, as well as closer to us, despite distance.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

How An Almost 9 Month Old Celebrates...

Spring Break 2012:

Monday:  We spent Monday at the zoo.  My sister Marie and I planned on meeting there after Suki's therapy.  Jennifer and 2 of her kids ended up coming too, as well as, Tracey and 2 of her girls.  It was soo nice spending the day outside with cousins.





Tuesday: We went over to my sisters.  Even though Phoenix wasn't too fond of the splash pad at the zoo, I know he really loves the water.  Since her pool is heated, I figured it be much more like a bath to him than anything.  It was his first time in a pool.  We swam, had lunch and just spent good quality time together.  It was a really nice day.  That evening we met my mom at another cousins house.  It was nice catching up with all the old ladies.  :)




Wednesday:  We went over to another cousin's house for a playdate.  My sister, nieces and Jennifer and her kiddos were also there.  It is always nice when 4 adults-whom are also cousins and friends-can spend time catching up while the kids play together all day long.  Wednesday night, the 3 oldest of the nieces came over for a spend the night party.  Jennifer and her family also came over for dinner, rides on the 4 wheeler, and the roasting of smores.  It was a blast.  Jason and I love having the girls over to spend the night and wish we were able to do it more often.  We truly do love all 5 of those girls like they are our own. Phoenix got to rid on the 4 wheeler for the first time today.  Aunt Jenn Jenn also gave him his first bath in the sink tonight.  He loved it!!!







Thursday:  This is the first day of Spring Break where we didn't have any plans.  Hallelujah!!!  Don't get me wrong, its been soo great hanging out with all my friends/cousins/sister and all the kiddos (since they are normally all in school), but it is a completely new lifestyle for Phoenix and I.  We aren't use to being gone all day, every day.  The girls were here in the morning.  We enjoyed breakfast from the Muffin Man (Magic Muffin), watched a movie, played games, colored, had a snack, then ate some more all before 11:00 a. m.  Oh-and started watching a second movie!  It was a busy, but fun morning.  Once they left, Phoenix and I kept a real low profile the rest of the day.  The rain freaks Sister Sister out, so she actually enjoyed Phoenix climbing all over her this afternoon.  Rain also meant that DaDa was going to be home a bit earlier than normal-woo hoo!!!!  We L O V E extra DaDa time!!!







Friday:  We had plans with a friend of ours, who is also a story time buddy, to go to the zoo.  We were going to meet my cousin/like a sister to me there with her 4 kiddos.  She has the most precious children around, especially #4, my Goddaughter!!! I definitely don't see them as much as I'd like, so I was truly looking forward to this outing.  However, the weather had other ideas.  It has been storming since last night.  Therefore, we are spending the last day of Spring Break in our pajamas doing absolutely nothing productive!!!  This actually worked out rather good for us, as I woke up that morning feeling not soo hot.  By the end of the day, I had no energy and felt completely awful.  Strep it was.  Thankfully, Jason had pity on me, although I think it was more on Phoenix, and came home a little earlier to help out.  I was ever so grateful for him.  What a way to end Spring Break.  Fingers crossed, Phoenix doesn't get it.  Needless to say, the camera didn't make an appearance today :(

On a side note-Phoenix will be 9 months old on Thursday.  I swear I just wrote his 8 month post yesterday.  We go to the doctor the following Monday, so I'll update his stats, progression, etc. then.  He has also moved up to a size 4 in diapers.  His little teezo is finally getting some meat on it!!!  His allergies have been acting up for about a week or so now, but there really is nothing the doctor recommends giving him.  Therefore, we just deal with a watery, gunky eye (its his right eye only) since he loves being outside soo much!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment