The purpose of this blog is to help keep our family and friends updated with the happenings of our life. We hope this will help everyone feel more connected, as well as closer to us, despite distance.

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Gettin' In Some Good Q.T. and a Few Points

Phoenix has been getting in some extra good Q.T. lately with his Dada.  A rarity in this house.  He soaks up every possible second of it.  He hates napping when Jason is home, but who can blame the kid-its not like he sees him all day, every day.  Lately, the boys have enjoyed watching football together, going to birthday parties, and even venturing to McWane Center (a last minute decision at 4:30 one afternoon, and yes-of course I tagged along).









And although its nothing out of the ordinary, Phoenix and I have also been getting in some good Q.T. too!  I love my Buttah time and can't seem to get enough of him or our time together!!!





Phoenix is really enjoying the park a lot more than just the swings these days!  We spent somewhere between 3-4 hours there on Monday.  Talk about a LONG time!  We had a blast though!  We also started story time back.  Phoenix enjoyed snack time.  I must say, I was a bigger fan of the younger class we were in prior to this one, so I didn't even bother registering him for next week.  I guess I'm going to have to find another story time (at a different library) that I am happy with.  We do one at Whole Foods that I love and we hope to continue with that one as well.  We also spend most Fridays at McWane Center with my sister and 2 of my nieces, which Phoenix and the girls love.  

He has started this new thing when he cries and it has to be the cutest thing ever.  He opens his hand real wide and covers his mouth, all while crying.  I don't know why he does it or what it signifies but it for some reason, it melts my heart.


He is really starting to catch on to words a lot more.  He is constantly reminding us to use our manners. He plays great by himself.  Loves being outdoors.  Gives hugs and kisses to all little kids and baby dolls.  Loves to brush his teeth and take baths.  Knows a few animal sounds and parts of the body.  Follows directions impeccably.  Loves giving Dixie (Sister Sister) a treat before we leave the house.  Must have a snack in the car.  Loves his milk.  Still a great eater.  Needs his sleep.  Enjoys cleaning his tray after meals, wiping tables, floors, vacuuming, etc..  Listens very well.  Is very good about using the potty (if I catch it in time).  Knows when Mama says Uno, Dos-she means business.  Knows what he wants and will gladly walk you to the kitchen and show you exactly what he wants (opens the refrig. and opens the drawer and pulls out his own snack.  If you try and hand him the wrong thing, he shakes his head no and gets it himself.)  Is becoming a young gentleman right before our eyes.  


  






2 comments:

  1. Sweet angel! I love that he will be able to look back on this and know, without a doubt, that he was and is your cherished baby boy. Great job, JuJu!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aunt Kissa-Kissa,

      you rock! you are totally right-we will both be able to look back and remember that i wasn't always telling him "NO!!!!"

      Delete