The purpose of this blog is to help keep our family and friends updated with the happenings of our life. We hope this will help everyone feel more connected, as well as closer to us, despite distance.

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Zoo Light Safari

Since we didn't get to experience much of the Halloween adventures this year, we made it a priority to do all that we can for Christmas.  Phoenix has visited with Santa a few times and even Mrs. Claus.  We picked out and decorated inside and out as a family.

Yesterday, we took Phoenix to Zoo Light Safari.  He loves seeing all the lights at the stores, so we knew it was something he'd enjoy.  It was a fun family night.  The weather was perfect and it wasn't very crowded when we were there.

Waiting in line for the train.
No more patience for waiting.

Family fun :)
Enjoying the night life!
Enjoying the "snow" in Alabama :)
He wasn't happy until he had the box to himself.
After we rode the train, we walked around enjoying the lights, inflatables, and all the people.

More worried about his Popcorn than Santa. 

Wow, thats one big Santa!




Speaking of people....we ran into Ethan and his parents.  Ethan and Phoenix have been great pals since "they were babies :)"  Unfortunately we haven't seen them much lately, so this was an extra special treat.  The boys had a blast playing together!!! I love seeing Phoenix interact with his friends.  He immediately gave Ethan a big hug and a big kiss (on the lips-we need to work on that!).

Hmmm...wonder what kind of trouble we can get into :)
Serious penguin playtime!


Knuckles to great friendships :)

What do you mean its time to leave?

But, we promised a play date soon :) Ahem-Andrea!
I think Zoo Light definitely help put Phoenix in the Christmas spirit.  He opened 2 more presents today and drug Ya-Ya's all over the house trying to "break into it" as well.  This was of course, without permission.  Oh well.  At least I know he'll be excited on Christmas morning!  He also knows that its Jesus' Birthday and is able to sing along bits of Happy Birthday.  He also took his 1st ornament off the tree today.  I am still shocked he hasn't tried getting ALL the balls off since that is currently one of his obsessions.  However, I couldn't scold him.  As I looked over to notice the ornament in his hands, I see my sweet baby kissing it.  He had taken a cross ornament off the tree.  Even though he isn't suppose to touch the ornaments, my heart was so full.
The spirit of my child has totally got me excited for Christmas.  I love teaching him about the real meaning.  I love seeing his eyes sparkle as he sees the lights outside of peoples homes.  I love that he is actually opening presents.  I love that he keeps the spirit of the season soo alive in our house.  

*Just a forewarning:  I might just take back all of that last paragraph after Christmas morning and he gets his drums :).

No comments:

Post a Comment