The purpose of this blog is to help keep our family and friends updated with the happenings of our life. We hope this will help everyone feel more connected, as well as closer to us, despite distance.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Tricks at 15 Months


Our 15 Month Old Cowboy :)



Some of Phoenix's Tricks (so I'll remember) at 15 mths:

Language Development
  • Mama
  • Dada & Dad
  • Hi
  • Bye
  • Ya Ya (nickname for my niece Julia)
  • Tata (what he calls my mom)
  • Doe Doe (what he calls my dad)
  • Duck
  • Taaak You (thank you)
  • Aaahh (Amen) (while making the sign of the cross)
  • I Did it
  • Yea
  • Car
  • Truck
  • Neh Neh (what we call food)
  • Nih nee (when he's tired)
  • Hot
  • Jesus
  • I Loo (I Love You) (while pointing to heart for I and Love then pointing to You for you
  • Mooora

Parts of the Body
  • Nose
  • Tongue
  • Head
  • Teezo (his rear-end) (he won't do this one all the time)
  • Feet
  • Ears (sometimes)
  • Eyes (sometimes he does it, sometimes he won't)
Animals
  • Duck (attempts a quack)
  • Dog (attempts a bark)
  • Bear (claws at you and growls)
  • Lion (claws at you and growls)
  • Tiger (claws at you and growls)
  • Monkey (makes a mm mm sound while turning his hands up under his armpits)
  • Cat (makes a higher than normal pitched sound that sounds like an eeoow :))
  • Pig (breaths hard through nose)
  • Elephant (waves his hand in the air)
Following Directions
  • Throws things in the trash 
  • Picks up toys 
  • Goes to our bedroom when told its time for a teezo change
  • When asked if he has to go potty, goes to the bathroom (will only sit on potty if he has to go though) or shakes his head No if he doesn't
  • What do you want (ask him in Arabic) (in reference to his snacks-he takes me to kitchen and the cabinet or fridge that has the snack he wants)
  • Bath time (goes up the stairs)
  • Put shirt on (puts his arms in)
  • Put shoes on (attempts this on his own)
  • Time to go bye-bye (goes to get Dixie a treat, gives it to her and then waits by the door to leave)
  • Give this to.... (takes whatever to whomever)
Using his Signs
  • Please
  • More
  • Thank-you
  • All finished
  • Shakes head for NO (probably his most popular sign!!!)
What he Enjoys
  • Stacking blocks (4-5 without them falling)
  • Sings (hums) to songs
  • Dances
  • Working with tools
  • Being outside (riding his toys, climbing up the slide, sidewalk chalk)
  • Coloring in his coloring books
  • Smelling flowers
  • Playing musical instruments
  • Banging things
  • Playing with Dixie
  • Doing yard work with Dada
  • Riding the 4-wheeler
  • The McWane Center
  • Swimming (Water in general)
  • The Zoo
  • Pasta
  • Milk
  • Cleaning
  • Bouncy house
  • Answering the telephone (normally answers with Hi Dad)
  • Brushing his teeth and hair
  • Taking baths
  • His bedroom
  • Sleeping
  • Animals
What he Dislikes
  • Ground beef (unless its discrete)
  • Yams (loves sweet potatoes though)
  • Bananas (likes the flavor)
  • Being told No
  • Mama kissing him ALL the time
  • Having his diaper changed
  • Bread
  • Sleeping anywhere other than his own bed
What he Recognizes
  • Letters (not specific ones, but always makes the Ah-Ah sound whenever he sees letters), he will repeat letters A, B, C and D 
  • Doors aren't suppose to be left open (closes all doors that are open)
  • Mama is more serious (strict) when we are at home
  • Dada lets him get away with a lot more than Mama
  • Stove & Oven are hot
  • Crosses & Icons (says Ahh & makes sign of cross when he sees them) (kisses my necklace)
  • Motrin makes him feel better (all medicine, actually)
  • Pictures of his cousins
  • Dada's truck coming down the street
I'm sure there is more to these lists that I've failed to mention, but I wanted to at least give myself an idea of where Buttah is at 15 mths.  Sorry if that information was completely boring to all of you, but I know in they years (most likely sooner than that), I know I'll be glad I have this to look back and reflect upon.  I LOVE that his list of Likes is soo much longer than his list of Dislikes :)

We had our 15 mth visit yesterday.  He weighed in over 24 lbs.  Not much of a difference from 3 months ago at a year.  He did grow 2" though, so he is standing tall at 31 1/2" now.  She says he looks great and is right where he should be in all categories, if not ahead.  I did speak to her about his speech and sleep, since I know that is a great concern for a particular person.  She seems to think his communication is fine.  He is speaking enough words for his age and his non-verbal and receptive skills are above average for his age that she sees no reason to worry.  Definitely put my mind at ease.  As far as sleep, yes-she agreed that most children his age do only nap once a day.  However, she does not recommend me forcing him to skip a nap simply "because."  She assured me that some kids need more sleep and its better to have a happy baby with sleep than an unhappy baby with no sleep.  Therefore, I am going to continue letting Phoenix sleep.  She said he would eventually start spacing them out more and napping longer himself, that it was not something I needed to worry about forcing on him.  Glad to have that resolved, even though I'm sure I'll still hear it-all out of love though :)  I also asked her about his left foot, which to me, leans inward.  She immediately noticed it.  He has very little arch.  She said it shouldn't cause any serious or long term problems, so I guess I'll let it go.  Apparently, I have the same issues with my feet (Jason's been telling me for years I have no arch).  

We have been having a blast lately, but this post is long enough so I'll spare you anymore details.  Buttah, Mama loves you, Mama is soo proud of you, and May God Bless You to the Moon and Back My Sweet, Sweet, Sweet Ray.




No comments:

Post a Comment