The purpose of this blog is to help keep our family and friends updated with the happenings of our life. We hope this will help everyone feel more connected, as well as closer to us, despite distance.

Monday, May 5, 2014

Birds of a Feather, Get Sick Together

It has been a loooong week here in the Lang house.  Phoenix and Luna both started with the runny nose business.  I let it ride for a while.

Luna got to the point where she would only fall asleep upright in my arms.  I knew something was bothering her.  I took her to the doctor on Thursday, May 1.  Turns out she has a double ear infection.  Based upon her actions, I would've never guessed.  She was eating great and sleeping like a champ.  But as soon as the doctor tried to look in her ear, she lost it.  I literally had to hold her down so the doctor could look.  Her left ear was bad.  Very bad.  Her right was bad as well, but not as bad.  We got a prescription and were on our way.  She weighed in at 20lbs.  This is ear infection #2 &3 for Luna.

Jason and I both woke up Friday morning feeling like butt.  I mean, we thought we were dying.  We had that nasty cough, couldn't breath, and had absolutely no energy.  Neither of us have to make it to the doctor though.  We are better, but still struggling.

Phoenix continued with the runny nose.  But now it was turning green.  He also had that horrible cough.  He woke up in the middle of the night Friday with a fever, so I knew we'd be heading to the doctor on Saturday.  I called to make an appointment.  Wouldn't you know it-the doctor in that day was our old doctor.  Well, since this Mama is a complete chicken shit, I decided to wait until the office closed and take him to after hours.  I know, I know.  Anyways, we headed to our appointment at 1:45.  Go figure-he also had a double ear infection.  Poor kid had strep on top of that too.  She wants him to follow up with his pediatrician in 2 weeks to make sure his ears are better.  He weighed in at 32lbs.  This is ear infection #4 &5 since tubes for Phoenix.  His 4th battle with strep since September.

Crazy to think that with a 2 year age difference, there is only a 12lb weight difference :)!

Needless to say, both kids are on medicine.  Phoenix hates his and we literally have to hold him down and plug his nose.  He starts crying the second we tell him its time and continues for a good half hour after he takes it.  NOTHING seems to calm him down.  Not even ice cream :(.

We are leaving for the beach on Thursday, May 8th.  Phoenix has been talking about May Beach (since that is the month we are going) for months now.  I really hope both kids are better by our trip.  The last time we went, I was stuck in the condo with the throw-up bug, so I'm definitely hoping Jason and I are better as well.  

Fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment