The purpose of this blog is to help keep our family and friends updated with the happenings of our life. We hope this will help everyone feel more connected, as well as closer to us, despite distance.

Thursday, January 3, 2013

These are a Few of my Favorite Things

A Few Favorites:
  • coloring-we do this at least 5 times a day.  He says E and goes straight to his crayon drawer.
  • writing-whenever he sees pen and paper, he says E  or O because he wants to write.
  • cars
  • being outside
  • bath time-all you have to do is say or spell the word bath and he is upstairs quicker than I can grab a towel
  • his cousins-he loves his cousins and is constantly handing me the phone saying their names
  • telephone-he loves to walk around with the phone to his ear saying hi followed by a bunch of jibber!  Whenever we finish on the phone, he ALWAYS says bye.
  • M & M-he loves going to eat at my parents restaurant.  He also loves sweeping while we are there.  We don't dare call it M & M to him though, because then he thinks he is getting the candy.  We say, "going to eat neh-neh with Tata."
  • cleaning-he still loves any and all cleaning.  He is very maticulous about it.
  • Dada-this man is still the only person in the world that can hang the moon.
  • Wearing Mama & Dada's shoes.

A Few New Words:
-He is at the stage now where he tries repeating anything and everything we say.  He is really come a long ways in his vocabulary.  He literally tries repeating EVERYTHING we say.  Guess its time to start watching our words better :)
  • aheyah-he says this word (in Arabic), after bath time when its "cold."
  • he now says please when he signs it.
  • about a month ago, he said his first 3 word sentence.  "Where he go?"  Whenever he cover our faces.  He also says Where he go whenever someone leaves the room or he can't find something.  It sort of makes my blood boil that he says where he go, instead of where DID he go.  I'm working hard on letting THAT go.  Its my fault because I would always say, "Where'd he go?" and I don't think I was annunciating the 'd enough.  I know he's only 18 mths, but I want him to speak correctly.  I have to catch myself EVERY TIME he says it not to correct him.  Its pretty darn cute though :)
  • juice
  • apple
  • he tries singing along to Happy Birthday, Jesus Loves Me, and some of his favorite T.V. shows.
  • uh-oh (love hearing this)
  • green
  • blue
A Few New Actions:
  • I love that when he sees Steve from Blues Clues write in his notepad, he holds his hand open and pretends to write as well.  He also opens and closes his hands while saying Blues Clues, just like Steve!!!
  • I love that when the T.V. says to say something, he actually tries saying it.
  • If he is wearing big boy panties and has an accident, he immediate says uh-oh and comes to find one of us.  I love that he knows its not okay to pee-pee in his panties.  He also does this when he poops in his diaper.
  • I love that he is really into books right now.  Constantly bringing books to us to read to him.  Love seeing that little finger point to the things we say on the pages.
  • He is learning the color green.
  • Trying hard to dress and undress himself.  
  • He can recognize the letter N.
A Few of Mama's Favorites:
  • I love how he says, "MY MAMA."
  • I love that he will give me a hug, then put his hands on my cheeks and just look deep into my eyes.
  • I love that when I ask him who Mama's best friend is, he responds, "ME" while pointing to himself.  
  • I love that he takes such great care of Dixie.
  • I love how he randomly runs up to Dada and hugs his leg.
  • I love how he really gets what we say to him.
  • I love how observant he is and how quickly he picks up on things (this will probably change real soon though:) ).
  • I love how strong he is.
  • How social he is.
  • How adaptable he is.
  • I love that he enjoys helping me clean and Dada work.
We had his 18mth. appointment yesterday.  The doctor said he looks amazing!  He has grown and gained weight.  The best part of it all-his iron level is finally normal!!!! Yea for no more iron supplement.  We have been battling this since 6 months, so it was definitely great to hear!!!

He is an amazing kid that brings soo much joy to our lives.  He has taught me soo much in his 18mths.  I hope my brain has enough room for what all he is going to teach me the rest of his life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment