The purpose of this blog is to help keep our family and friends updated with the happenings of our life. We hope this will help everyone feel more connected, as well as closer to us, despite distance.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Celebrating the Big 21...

In months that is :).  For some reason, up until yesterday, I thought Phoenix was turning 22 months.  Leave it to me to try and pass the time a lot faster when I pray daily for it to slow.  Anyways, I am super excited he's only 21 months instead of 22!!!! Doesn't sound like a big difference, but in his Mama's eyes-its like going from 1 to 21 in just a year.

We had a very eventful day.  Phoenix started the celebration early by waking up at 5:15.  He hasn't done this in forever.  We then went to story time at whole foods at 10:00, which is only about 3 miles from the house.  Yes, he fell asleep in the car.  I knew it was going to be a long day, so instead of being a sympathetic Mama-I forced him to stay awake by taking him to eat neh neh with Tata, Joe, Bit, and yes- Tea.  We headed home around 12:00 or so.  Of course he fell asleep on the way home.  I wanted to take him to the 3:00 Church service, but he slept until 3:30.  So instead we celebrated the Grand Opening of Steel City Pops at the Summit with friends.  Came home, took a "green" bath and then got ready for Good Friday Service at 7:00.

Had a wonderful Good Friday Service as a family.  We did leave a little early though, because Phoenix kept telling us, "Bye, Bye, Nin-Nee."  Obviously the poor kid was still exhausted.  He definitely fell asleep on the way home.

His 21st was a great way to get the weekend started.  What a special, blessed weekend Easter always is.  Christ has Risen!

Some of the things I never want to forget:

  • the way he says, "I ok, Mama." whenever he falls.
  • the way he says, "I scared, Mama." whenever something scares him.
  • I told him I love you the other day and he responded with, "I know."  Melted my heart.
  • how much he loves making colored water in the tub. (using bath colors, not by peeing :))
  • how excited he is for his baby to come.  he still thinks its a girl :)
  • the endless kisses my tummy now receives.
  • listening to him count to 10.
  • the fact that he recognizes almost EVERY letter in the alphabet.
  • how he still can't say the letter L.
  • his obsession with Blue's Clues.  yes-the handy dandy notebook from the Easter Bunny was a hit!
  • how much he loves drinking agua.
  • how strong willed he has become.  
  • the look he gives us when he flat out tells us "NO."
  • the fact he can tell us he has a wah-wah and where it is.
  • his independence and how he can happily play alone forever.
  • how when he knows i'm mad at him and i tell him to go play in another room, he doesn't second guess it.  he goes.
  • how much he still loves vacuuming, sweeping, dusting, doing laundry and putting away the dishes.
  • the fact that he knows exactly where each dish goes and correctly puts them away.
  • how he plays in his bed in the morning or after naps forever (up to an hour and a half).  totally content.
  • how much he loves MoMo (Emmet O'Neal story time).
  • the constant talking of Ana, Abbie, LuLu, Suki, and YaYa.  He loves those girls so stinkin' much.
  • how he talks on the phone.  
  • the way he sings, "good morning to you" song with me every morning and after every nap.
  • the soul he puts into his singing.
  • the way he says bye to everything when we leave.
  • how he says see ya later alligator.
  • when he drops his bb out of his crib every morning, just to hear me say, "What had happened?"
Okay, seriously the list could go on and on forever.  I'll stop there to spare you guys some of the details.  I just want to read this in a year and remember my sweet & not so sweet buttah.  So thanks for baring with me :).








No comments:

Post a Comment