The purpose of this blog is to help keep our family and friends updated with the happenings of our life. We hope this will help everyone feel more connected, as well as closer to us, despite distance.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Hippity, Hop Easter's on its Way

Normally, when its time to make a visit to the Easter Bunny, Santa, etc., we go out to Bass Pro Shop.  We've never had to wait an insane amount of time in line and they always have other holiday activities going on for Phoenix.  Besides, it gives Jason a great excuse to go shopping and bond with his son over "manly" things :).

Well, for some reason when I went to check the schedule this year for the Easter Bunny, the time seemed awful short.  He was only there last weekend from 1-4 and this week from 6-8.  Well, we tried going last weekend, but Phoenix just wasn't feeling all that great, so we decided we'd go one night this week.

Jason received a call from a Church that he does.  They were desperately wanting him to lay pine straw before Good Friday.  We are talking 1,300 bales.  Of course you can't turn down a job like that.  Well, that made Tuesday and Wednesday out (since he'd be working later and wouldn't be able to cut out early), Thursday was out also (I have a meeting for my new job!), and well, Friday is Good Friday and we have church.  I told Jason I'd just take him this year alone.  Yeah right!!!!

We decided to go to the Galleria.  Their Easter Bunny is available all day (from 10-8), so we knew we'd be able to find a time.  We ended up going last night and meeting Jason there.  We grabbed a bite to eat and then headed for what I assumed was going to be a way longer line than Bass Pro Shop ever presented us with.  Ha-who was I kidding.  There was no one there, not even the Easter Bunny.  Not to mention, my camera wasn't allowed-not even my phone.  Seriously.  Bass Pro Shop lets you take as many as you want with your own camera and they give you the one they too for FREE.

We lingered the area for a few minutes.  Suddenly the tears started.  What in the world???? I turn to see the Easter Bunny getting of the elevator coming towards Phoenix.  Great!  He was petrified.  Wouldn't even go near him.

Of course, being the Mama that I am, I made Jason put him on his lap for a picture.  He was about to have a total breakdown.  It really was sad :(.  I really thought he might hurt this bunny while trying to escape.

Again, we are still the only ones around.  I sat Phoenix in my lap a good ways away and explained to him that he is our friend.  Anytime I mentioned going near him, he'd start bawling again :(.  We were finally able to convince him to go up by himself and give him a "high five."  Successfully too!!!!  This made him realize the Easter Bunny might not be soo bad after all.

Well, after some time, we decided it was enough.  I went to get our picture.  Ha-the smallest package is 20.00 and only includes 3 pictures.  Oh, and they must all be the same photo.  I can't choose different pictures or I'd have to pay an additional 20.00.  No wonder there was no line for that bunny.  It was a total joke.

After finally getting him comfortable with the Easter Bunny and moving on, he suddenly starts screaming again.  I then realized that the Bunny was following us-or so he thought.  It terrified him.  Needless to say, no reintroduction happened.  We split as quick as possible :).

But in the end, we ended up with the best picture to date and thats all that really matters!!!!


Gosh I love this kid!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment