The purpose of this blog is to help keep our family and friends updated with the happenings of our life. We hope this will help everyone feel more connected, as well as closer to us, despite distance.

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Happy Birthday, Luna!


September 12, 2013.

Phoenix woke around 1:30 in the morning.  He fell from his bed onto his trundle.  Thankfully, he was able to go right back to sleep.  Unfortunately for me though, the little amount of sleep I was able to squeeze in prior to that, was all I was going to get.  My sleep was over.  I watched the clock until it finally read 4:00.  I got out of bed to check off my last minute to do list before getting ready to head to the hospital.

We arrived at the hospital about 15 minutes late.  The fashionista in the family couldn't find the other shoe HE wanted to wear.  Oh well.  We arrived and got checked in.  The nurse drew blood-or so she attempted to.  The vein rolled so she had to stick me again.  I HATE needles.  HATE.  She tried again. Again, it she failed.  She finally called in another nurse to attempt it.  Thankfully, she was successful.  What an indication of what was to come.

The doctor came by and broke my water right at 6:00.  I was still only 2 cm.  The pitocin started.  It was all too familiar to how things went with Phoenix, so I was semi prepared.  Or so I thought.  I started contracting fairly regular and pretty intensely, so they checked me again.  I was somewhere between 3-4 cm at this point.  Yes, this was the same nurse who couldn't draw my blood.  I must say though, as sweet as she could be.  Either way, we called the anesthesiologist for the epidural.  Man, it took him almost 30 minutes to come.  I was totally over it by this point.  Again, I HATE needles.  He was great, with a very humorous side, so that seemed to help.  He even let Jason stand in front of me, unlike what the nurse said was allowed.

Anyways, he did his thing and left.  Where in the hell did he go???? Almost 20 minutes later and I was in just as much, if not more, pain that I was before receiving the epidural.  Something had to give and had to give fast.  They shot some crap into the epidural IV.  It did NOT A THING.  They decided before the anesthesiologist came back to check out the situation, I needed to be rechecked.  I was now 6 cm.  He came back and informed me that he must've missed the spot.  Now, I can't blame him-he only has mm's to work with, however, I was seriously about to hurt someone.

I swear though, had that oh-so-sweet nurse told me to breath one more time I was going to knock her out.  No Joke.  Breathing did not a thing for my relief and her constantly saying, "deep breath in through your nose, now blow it out from your mouth" was only making my pain more intense.  I really thought she was going to end up in as much pain as I was in.  Again, No Joke.

My mom and Phoenix were out in the hall waiting patiently.  As was my photographer for the day, my sister.  I was glad the people I needed/wanted to be there were.  Now I just wanted  needed relief.

He totally had to redo the whole procedure.  I was about to puke (literally), burning hot and my legs had severe burning sensations in both of them (just at one point, which was totally bizarre).  Anyways, thank God, it took the second time and I instantly found relief.  INSTANTLY.  It was wonderful.  Thank you God.

They waited until I was totally numb and rechecked me.  It was time to push.  It was right around 10 that they checked.  By 10:09 I was pushing.  They could see her dark hair even prior to pushing.  Craziness.

At exactly 10:22 AM the most beautiful 7lb 3oz, 19 1/2" of perfection entered our lives.

 She was tiny but loud.

She had the softest, darkest head of hair ever.

She was PERFECT.  ABSOLUTELY PERFECT.



















We go for her 1 week tomorrow.  Its hard to believe that a week ago, this perfect bundle joined our family.  She sleeps all the time.  Only cries when bathing or being changed.  Loves the car and her brother.  We truly are beyond blessed.  Thank you God for your abundant blessings that are constantly covering our family.

We love you to the Moona and back sweet girl.  




















No comments:

Post a Comment