The purpose of this blog is to help keep our family and friends updated with the happenings of our life. We hope this will help everyone feel more connected, as well as closer to us, despite distance.

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Not Funny.

God and I apparently have totally different definitions of "sense of humor."  Maybe I should go back and reread Webster.  Who knows.  All I know is this.

Last Wednesday I went to the Dr. for my weekly to check on Luna.  All pregnancy she kept telling me that if baby 1 doesn't come early, baby 2 isn't likely to.  Up until that appointment that is.  She left me with, I'll see you before your next appointment.  SERIOUSLY???? I was expecting to have 3 more weeks to prepare (because we all know 9 months isn't enough prep time).  I was totally stressing.  Timing was not good.  Not good at all.  My wonderful friends showed up at my house the day after my appointment and worked, worked and worked some more.  Literally from 8:00 until 2:30 when they had to pick up their kiddos from school.  They were not only a relief to myself, Jason and my house, they were a bigger Blessing then they will EVER know.  They truly are very special people.  The next few days, I seriously hurt.  Hurt bad.  I was finally believing my doctor.  I even had a scare bad enough to make me call.  I did not like the "unknown" and was frantically trying to get everything prepared, while everyone else was frantically trying to get me to stay home.

By Tuesday I was finally starting to feel normal (as normal as I've felt all pregnancy at least) again.  I knew I'd make it until Wednesday.  To me, that was a BIG relief.  I went and got Luna an outfit to come home from the hospital in and took P to the galleria to ride the carousel.  We were back home by 11:00.  I noticed he was feeling warm.  I took his temp when we got home and he was running close to 102.  Great. Just what I needed.

We stayed home that afternoon to rest and hopefully kick the fever out of this house.  Ha-who was I kidding.  Wednesday morning he wasn't running a fever and my brother insisted on them coming to the doctor with me.  My appointment went well and I left.  Scheduled the induction for September 12, 2013 (Cindy, please keep your articles to yourself until after that date ;)), which also happens to be my niece Ya-Yas birthday!  I was again told, that I likely won't make it until then.  But this time I have faith.  I truly believe that will be the day Luna Diane Lang physically joins our family.  And please don't take this wrong, but this is the first time where I was actually excited about having a baby.  I am to the point now where I'm ready for Luna to be here. I am excited to what she will add to our family and I am anxious to see Phoenix interact with and love her.

The day was going well until Phoenix started running a fever of over 102.  Apparently God thought it'd be fun to mess with my mind by making me think this kiddo was coming waaaaaay before I was ready.  However, I must say, that I am very thankful to Him for keeping her a bit longer.  I do not need a new kid when my old one is running a fever-that would totally break my heart.  Also, my platelets have dropped below 100.  So to help, we are starting a steroid so that they will hopefully rise above 100 before she decides to show up.

So here I am, Thursday, September 5, 2013.  Totally miserable.  Totally ready (mentally-surprisingly since my platelets are low-at least). Stuck home with a kid running a fever of at least 101 (going on day 3 now).  And a husband that is totally covered up with work that a baby is the last thing on his mind right now.  But I must add, when he saw her coming home outfit he got more excited than I did.  Regardless of how "unnecessary" a coming home outfit might be in his eyes.  It was cute to see him forget about work and get excited about Luna.  And as much as I would love to say that God has a great sense of humor, I just can't.  He has messed with my mind way too much here lately.  I'm just thankful he is having Mercy on me :).

I must add.  My brother has been in town all week.  He is here for one of his best friends weddings this weekend.  However, he has been at our call every second of every day.  Just knowing he is here in the middle of the night in case something happens is such a relief.  Its also nice to know that Phoenix will be happy even if Mama and Dada aren't around.  He has his Uncle Michael.  And when he is gone, he is constantly texting to check on us.  He has been my personal driver, assistant, housekeeper, cook, etc.  He has truly stepped up and I couldn't be more grateful to have him here.  He has been a total Blessing to us this week.  I can relax, Phoenix is loving him here and Jason doesn't have to stress about me being home or out running around alone.  Truly a Blessing.  Having him here was the only reason I prayed Luna would show up.  I hate that he won't be here to meet her.  Soon enough.

So, I guess until Thursday, September 12, 2013, we'll just sit and wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment