The purpose of this blog is to help keep our family and friends updated with the happenings of our life. We hope this will help everyone feel more connected, as well as closer to us, despite distance.

Monday, February 6, 2012

Best Friends

Phoenix LOVES Dixie.  However, the poor, old dog doesn't like to be messed with.  Phoenix, now in the early stages of crawling, scoots all over the place just so he can touch his big sister.  Dixie avoids him at all costs.  Its quite funny, yet Phoenix doesn't think so at all.  He gets soo excited every time he sees her and watches her walk around the house in awe.  I feel soo bad for him because Dixie wants NOTHING to do with him.  Dixie was a good sport the other day and allowed Phoenix some playtime.  It was too cute!







Phoenix loves playing with his sister.  He wants to hang out with her all day long, unless there is someone else present in the room.  And no-its not ME!  I like to think of myself Mama-enough to be able to admit its his DADDY.











It was obvious by last night, who the best friend really is.  Phoenix is NOT a cuddler.  He doesn't want to be rocked before naps or bed and won't-for the life of me-just let me hold him like a baby.  Jason, although not able to rock or snuggle him, gets a different reaction from Phoenix.  Phoenix just stares at him-a look of admiration sparkling in his eye.  If Jason is in the room, he won't eat from me, listen to me when I talk to him, or pay me any attention.  As soon as Daddy comes in the room-its Daddy and no one else.  I love it!  The look in my son's eyes when he sees his daddy melts my heart everytime.  I don't know how Jason does it, but the man hangs the moon in his sons eyes. Last night, he actually snuggled with his daddy-for a long time too! Long enough for him to fall soundly asleep in his arms.  This was the first time in his life he actually "snuggled" with either mama or daddy.  Jason was soo excited.  I was too, however; I must admit-I was a bit jealous.  I love the bond these two have and look forward to seeing their many adventures in the future.  

2 comments:

  1. Uncle Michael from CaliforniaFebruary 6, 2012 at 7:19 AM

    Wow, great picture! I miss him!!!! Come to Cali soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! He is a true joy to watch grow. I am so happy for both of you.

    ReplyDelete