The purpose of this blog is to help keep our family and friends updated with the happenings of our life. We hope this will help everyone feel more connected, as well as closer to us, despite distance.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

ZOOrific Day

Thank God Phoenix is finally healthy again.  Going on almost a week, so I thought today would be the perfect day to get out!  It's February 23rd and the temperature was in the low 80's!  Got to love it!!!  I decided at about 6:00 this morning that today would be a fantastic day for the zoo!  I was soo excited because Phoenix loves being outside and the weather was going to be just perfect!  This was our first "big boy" outing and I was just sure he'd love it!
 It was just going to be me and him, but luckily we convinced Aunt Jenn Jenn to go with us and be the photographer!  
We got there and I was soo excited to see him "interact" and "talk" to the animals.  It wasn't long after being there that Jennifer and I realized we were more excited about seeing the animals than he was!  He preferred to watch the passerby's!  We started with the flamingos and I must say-they freaked me out just a bit.  I've never gotten that close to them before and they really are a bit freaky!  A little too close for my comfort.  Good thing Aunt Jenn Jenn was with us!
I really wanted to take him in to feed the birds but that exhibit was closed.  I thought he would love it.  I guess, since I went ahead and got the season pass, we'll have to hit that next go around.  Most of the animals were sleeping and the ones that were awake, Phoenix really didn't have any interest in.  
He did enjoy the petting zoo though!  Notice my big boy standing all on his own!



He had no interest in the elephants, sea lions, zebras, monkeys, or any other animal really.  However, he loved being outside and enjoyed watching all the people!

Overall, I think the experience was great!  The weather was perfect, there weren't a lot of people there and Phoenix got to experience a zoo!  We didn't stay too long, but before we left we made sure to take a couple "extra" pictures.  These are a few of my favorites!



I feel soo blessed to have the opportunity to just pick up and go to the zoo.  Phoenix is teaching me everyday that its okay to just "get up and go" without worrying about every little detail.  I thank him daily for that!  

EXTRAS:
-Phoenix now waves hi and bye (mainly with his left hand)
-He is now attempting to sign "MORE"
-He is starting to stand while holding on to things.  He can't get up yet, but if you stand him, he's more than happy to hang on.  Sometimes he gets brave and tries to let go!
-At the doctor last week he weighed in at 21.6 lbs.
-Mama's Buttah is turning 8 months next week.  So sad :(

No comments:

Post a Comment