The purpose of this blog is to help keep our family and friends updated with the happenings of our life. We hope this will help everyone feel more connected, as well as closer to us, despite distance.

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Beach BUMer

The time FINALLY came for us to take Phoenix to the beach for the first time.  We have been looking forward to this weekend for over a year now.

Here's a quick recap of our trip:

           -Juliet:  Spent her time in the bathroom.  Caught some sort of stomach bug that started on the    
           way down and never left.  Made a few short appearances at the pool, lazy river and the beach.                  
           Didn't eat or drink anything all from Thursday-Saturday, in fear of never getting to leave the
           condo.

          -Jason:  Spent his time taking care of Juliet and Phoenix.  Had no time for anything else.  Was a
          total trooper.  Took Phoenix to the pool, lazy river and the beach.  Fed him, drove around hours
          at a time so Phoenix could nap, and slept with one arm in the pack 'n play so Phoenix could at
          least get some sort of sleep at night.

         -Phoenix:  Loved lazy river.  Loved swimming in the indoor pool.  Had a blast playing in the
          ocean.  Tore into sand castles like a bulldozer.  Hated the pack 'n play.  Was sleep and food
          deprived.  Had a blast at the beach.

So as you can tell, our trip was NOT exactly how we envisioned it to be.  I guess trips will never be anymore.  I am ever so grateful to Jason for at least trying to make the best out of our situation so that Phoenix could enjoy "moments" of fun.  Phoenix and I truly are lucky to have him.  We left on Thursday and were planning on staying until today, however; we decided to come home yesterday since I was not any better.  I hate that we had to cut the trip short.  I hate that I didn't feel well enough to do anything fun with my boys.  I hate that we didn't get to spend more time with my sister and nieces, Sophie and Rachael.  I hate that I will always look back at Phoenix's first time at the beach and remember the little time I spent with him.

I did force myself out of the room long enough to get some pictures though, and for that I will forever be thankful.  I am also very thankful for Marie who did a quick photo session on the beach the morning we left.  All I wanted was pictures of us at the beach.  She made it happen.  I can't wait to see them.  Below are a few that I mustarded up the strength to snap (thankfully there are none showing how I spent my time)!!!!



\





 












Sorry about the layout and cluster, but to be honest-I'm not feeling well enough to deal with it.  Please forgive me.  Also, Happy Mother's Day to all you fabulous mothers out there!












No comments:

Post a Comment