The purpose of this blog is to help keep our family and friends updated with the happenings of our life. We hope this will help everyone feel more connected, as well as closer to us, despite distance.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Few of His Loves...and mine too!!!!

We have all been doing great here in the Land of the Langs.  Praise God!  Phoenix and I are enjoying our time together, whether its at the park, story time, the zoo, or even the grocery store.  I love taking this kid places and seeing his reactions to others and the environment.  He is so curious and very social, which turns each outing into a twice-as-long-as-it-was-suppose-to-be event.  However, I am totally okay with that.

Currently, Phoenix has 2 major loves in his life.  Actually, he's had them his entire life, but for some reason-they seem to get more evident the older he gets.

Phoenix LOVES his DaDa.  The word love really doesn't even quite capture it.  He is OBSESSED.  Whenever Jason is home, Phoenix is by his side.  No exceptions.  Jason can't walk out of the room without a total breakdown from Phoenix.  All he wants to do is hang out with his DaDa, all day, every day.  I wish they could spend more than a few minutes together everyday, but then again-there would be no room for me in Phoenix's life if that was the case.  However, seeing Phoenix whenever Jason is around brings more joy to my heart than I ever thought possible.  It is simply amazing.

DaDa is ALWAYS close by


Waiting on DaDa to get home from work

DaDa keeps us all afloat

The second of his 2 loves his food.  He is just like his Dad, I swear.  This kid eats anything and everything.  And tons of it.  We have been letting Phoenix do more of his own feedings, either with a spoon or by hand.  I am also trying to puree a whole lot less.  Phoenix loves his food pureed, my guess-it is quicker to eat, allowing him more food in less time (again, just like his Daddy).  However, I am really trying to get him to chew more.  He stuffs his mouth entirely too much but somehow manages.  He must also have food in BOTH hands.  He will either break whatever it is in half or demand another for the other hand.  Here in the last 2 months he's started a new thing with the boobster.  He comes over to me and tries lifting my shirt, as to say, "Feed Me Woman."  He also enjoys standing while nursing now.  I lay on the couch and he stands on the floor.  Creeps me out a bit, but only another month.  As much as I'm looking forward to being finished being a human cow, I dread the day.  I have a feeling Phoenix isn't going to be as glad to be off of the boobster as I will be!  I'll spare you pictures of him nursing!





I love seeing him grow into an individual.  I love being able to spend all day, every day with him.  I love hearing him laugh.  I love hearing him cry.  I love hearing him say DaDa.  I love watching him explore his surroundings.  I love how he tries to be sneaky when doing things he knows is wrong.  I love everything about him.  I love him to the moon and back.








No comments:

Post a Comment