The purpose of this blog is to help keep our family and friends updated with the happenings of our life. We hope this will help everyone feel more connected, as well as closer to us, despite distance.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Tubes + Mama = TEARS

Tears.  Not a friend of mine.  I can't seem to control them today.  I've been looking forward to the "tubes" process for a long time now.  I KNOW how simple a procedure it is.  I KNOW how quick it is going to be.  What I DIDN'T know was how big of a mess I would become today.  They are streaming while I'm nursing, while I'm constantly praying, while we're playing, while I'm changing his diaper.  It seems they are constant and I HATE it.  We had a rough day yesterday with CONSTANT pulling on both ears and crying hysterically throughout the day.  Today he seems soo much better.  Its me thats crying hysterically now.  I am soo ready for this day to be over.  I just want it to be 7:30 in the morning when all this is behind us and I can hold my Buttah knowing he is okay.

Please pray for my Buttah in the morning.  He is soo strong and I know he'll go through this procedure much better than Jason or myself.  I know he is in great hands and I know God will be with him the whole time.  I know he will have so much relief after this is all over and done with.  We all will.



4 comments:

  1. Sweet friend...I understand. When Alex got his tubes, I was a nervous wreck, also. Nobody prepared me for how helpless he would look in the hospital gown and I just couldn't wrap my head around the kids that we passed that were there for other, more serious reasons. But, as the doctor promised, it was a 15 minute procedure and we got to hold him as he came out of the anesthesia. And, we were one of the lucky ones that never had any other problems. All of that said, I am going to pray for Phoenix's complete healing with this surgery and peace and comfort for you and Jason. We will all be waiting to hear that the surgery was a success and he is home safely. Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be ok! Just think about how much better Phoenix is going to be after these tubes go in. He's been in pain for so long so this is a good thing! Having been through it twice with Hudson (and we are about to go through it with Harrison as our appt with the ENT is Monday), the hardest part is when they take him away from you, but I promise, he'll be back in your arms within 15-30 minutes. It is SO quick! And by tomorrow afternoon, he'll be crawling all around! It's amazing. Saying a prayer for a smooth day tomorrow and some comfort for your nerves because I know how you feel! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marchelle Faciane FalknerMay 31, 2012 at 12:29 PM

    Juliet---no tears!!!! Save all your energy for when Phoenix is crawling around and playing hard tomorrow afternoon! Both my boys have had two sets of tubes each...and it really shouldn't even be called surgery...they are only away from you for max 15 minutes and there is no downtime. The worst part is over, which is him being in pain. Praying for you both! Hang in there sweet mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can go with you if you need me. I'll come with rosary in hand. Just say the word!

    ReplyDelete