The purpose of this blog is to help keep our family and friends updated with the happenings of our life. We hope this will help everyone feel more connected, as well as closer to us, despite distance.

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Making Memories

Friday after getting tubes, Phoenix was doing great.  So great, I thought it'd be a brilliant idea to meet my parents and sister and her family at the lake for a day on the boat the very next day.  Jason was working all day, so why not.  We headed out about 9:00 without a morning nap.  Got down there to find the battery on the boat was DEAD.  The girls enjoyed their time jumping in and swimming at the pier.  Phoenix wasn't allowed to get wet, so he hung out in the inner-tube on dry land.  He did attempt to venture in the water, but quickly decided he didn't like it!!!  At about 11 or so, the kiddos all got hungry so we picnicked in the back of my car.




After sending Brian off to Wal Mart to buy a new battery (quicker than waiting on the other to charge), we finally loaded up.  Phoenix HATED the life jacket with a passion.  I tried to force it but eventually gave up.  I was able to get him to take about a 30 minute nap in my arms on the boat, which was absolutely amazing to me.  We enjoyed the afternoon riding the lake, fishing, tubing and eating.



After the cops spotted him without a life jacket, turned around to pull us over and all, I forced him to wear it.  The ONLY way he was happy when it was on was when he was driving the boat.  The kid loves to be in charge.  



Around 5 or so, we finally decided to call it a day.  Phoenix was exhausted, hungry and starting to get very fussy.  We had a great day spending time with cousins, aunt and uncle and grandparents.  We look forward to many more days on the boat this summer.  I also can't wait for Jason to join us.  I have no doubts him and Phoenix will be in the water most of the time.  I also won't be surprised if he puts Phoenix on the inner-tube with him for a fun ride!

On a side note-Please continue to pray for Phoenix.  He had a great day yesterday but was constantly pulling on his ears.  This morning he seemed better.  However, this afternoon was a nightmare.  He was again refusing to eat and nap and was constantly pulling his ears and crying.  I'm not sure if this is normal or not, but I plan on speaking to the doctor tomorrow about it.  



No comments:

Post a Comment