The purpose of this blog is to help keep our family and friends updated with the happenings of our life. We hope this will help everyone feel more connected, as well as closer to us, despite distance.

Friday, June 1, 2012

Survivors

I survived.  Jason survived.  But the biggest survivor of all was Phoenix.  He did soo great!  We are soo proud of him!!!

The morning started extra early after a sleepless night.  Jason got Phoenix up about 5:10 and we headed off.  No tears for anyone.  Phoenix was awake and happy.  He did well in all the pre-surgical stuff (blood pressure, weight, etc.) but got a bit fussy at times.  He was starving, I'm sure.  He normally gets up around 6, but seeing he still hasn't eaten a meal in over a week, he wants to nurse as soon as he wakes.  Well, not happening today.  Anyways, after meeting with the anesthesiologist and doctor, 2 nurses came in the room and whisked him away.  I barely got to say good bye, I love you and give him a kiss.  It was awful.  That was about 6:30.  He didn't even cry as they carried him away.  Bless my sweet child.  Neither did Jason or myself.  We all stayed strong!  At about 7:00 the doctor came out and said all was well.  I could hear him screaming.  We waited in the waiting room for about 15 minutes while he was in recovery.  I could still hear him screaming all the way in the waiting room.  Broke my heart to tiny, tiny pieces.  At about 7:15 we were allowed back there with him.  He went straight to the boobster, then enjoyed some snacks.  He was fussy here and there, but nothing bad.  We were able to leave about 7:45.  We came home, I went to get coffee, played, ate some yogurt and are now happily napping.

Although they told us he would be a bit off-balance for a few days, he seems to be standing alone soo much better already!  It is amazing.  He is also talking up a storm.  Truly blessed.

I am proud to say that not a single tear was shed by myself!  I guess I let them all out yesterday!  I am soo proud of my Buttah.  He really is a trooper and soo tough.  He made it that much easier for this nervously wrecked mama!

Thank you to all who said an extra prayer for us, for all the words of encouragement leading up to this day, for the constant calls and texts, for the offers, for EVERYTHING.  We have the BEST family and friends anyone could ask for.









  

No comments:

Post a Comment