The purpose of this blog is to help keep our family and friends updated with the happenings of our life. We hope this will help everyone feel more connected, as well as closer to us, despite distance.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Finally, a "Real" Weekend

Weekends don't usually mean much here in this house.  Jason usually works or is gone to the hunting camp, so its just like a Monday, Tuesday, or Friday for that matter.  However, Phoenix and I live for weekends like this past one.  We have been missing Jason like crazy around here lately.  He has been working 6 days a week, leaving early and getting home late.  Then spending day 7 at the hunting camp trying to get everything ready for the upcoming season.  While I know that may not seem important to everyone-trust me, I know more than anyone how unimportant it may sound-I also know how much it means to Jason to have his time down there.  He works so hard to give Phoenix and I the wonderful life we have that I have no place in telling him he can't or shouldn't go.  As much as I'd love to have him here for that day-be it for the family time or more for the help or even more for the relief, I know he needs that time even more than I think I might need it.  So, although I cringe every stinking time he mentions that stupid hunting club, I'm glad he has a place to go and get away from everything.  A place he enjoys and a place that makes him happy and that brings him peace.  He definitely deserves it.

This week was like no other.  He worked long and hard.  However, on Thursday, he TOTALLY surprised me.  We were discussing plans for the weekend. He knew he wanted to be in town and not working on Sunday to attend the event at Slice, so that left either work or hunting club on Saturday.  Either one was fine since I was not use to having him around anyways.  Well, like I said-he TOTALLY surprised me.  I told him Phoenix had a birthday party to go to at noon on Saturday and that I was excited about it, other than the fact that it was a swimming party.  If you know me, you know I don't mix well with a bathing suit.  Especially not after Phoenix :)  Lets not forget the fact that I cannot stand water and I totally despise the act of swimming.  Long story short-he decides to get one of his guys to work Saturday and take the WHOLE day off and skip the weekend at the hunting camp to spend with us.  Are you serious???!!!  He said he's been missing us a lot lately and that would keep me from having to get in the pool but would still allow Phoenix to have fun at the party.  What an awesome Dada :)

So we enjoyed the morning together at home, just hanging out in our pajamas.  It was wonderful.  We then went to the party.  We had a blast and Phoenix loved having Jason there.  I do have to tell you though-Phoenix didn't even end up getting in the pool...opps :)  I did apologize to Jason for it because I felt bad that he took off from work (he is completely booked) so that he could swim with Phoenix and it wasn't even necessary.  He assured me there was no place else he'd rather be swimming or not :)  After the party we headed home for naps.  Phoenix slept-but not very long.  I think he was too excited his Dada was home.  He did play in his crib for a good while though.  Jason got a good nap in though.  Once everyone woke up, we discussed evening plans.  Stay home, walk the mall, zoo, McWane, etc.  Jason suggested Treetop Adventure.  We had never been there, so we thought it was worth a shot.


We loaded up about 5:00 and of course, Phoenix fell asleep not long after we got in the car :)  Once we got there though he was as happy as could be.  He walked around pushing buttons, "playing games," waving to kids,  etc.  He had a blast.  I think my favorite part was seeing Jason witness this for the first time.  I've taken Phoenix to all sorts of different adventures all over town (zoo, McWane, mall, library, etc.) but unfortunately Jason has never gotten to experience any of this with us.  It was just nice to sit back and watch the two of them for once.  Watching the proudness in Jason's eyes as Phoenix just wondered from game to game trying to play is what I live for.  It was priceless.  Before we left, Jason said he wanted to take Phoenix on the go-carts.  I was hesitant but called and spoke to them about it.  I was a little bit more at ease and I knew Jason wouldn't put Phoenix in any danger, so I trusted his decision.  While we were there, the tables turned.  Phoenix and I got soo excited about them, but Jason chickened out.  He didn't feel comfortable taking Phoenix on them.  Normally, I would say Mama knows best, but in this case-we went with Dada knows best and opted to wait.  So instead, we pigged out on pizza, nachos and burgers.  We played a little bit more and then headed home.  It was probably one of the best nights we've had as a family in a LONG time.  I LOVED every second of it.


Sunday morning we woke up and had breakfast together.  We then played together.  We took Phoenix up for a bath and down for a nap to get ready for our big day of Church and lunch at Slice.  I went down early to help Marie set up and Jason and Phoenix met me at Church.  We then headed over to Slice for a nice family lunch.  It was great seeing everyone come together to support such a great cause.  Thank you everyone who came out to support.  We had over 250 people, the ones we knew, come throughout the day to show their support and we raised over $3,000.00 for the IRSF!!!! You people and your generosity for Suki never seem to amaze me!!! We are truly Blessed by each and every one of you!!!  Jason took Phoenix home to nap while I stayed to help Marie a bit more.  I say nap but I really mean "hang out."  Later that evening, Phoenix and I picked up my Dad and headed back down to Slice for dinner.  Jason had some work he needed to go get done and some prep for the upcoming work week so he needed us out of his "hair" for a while :)  We spent some good quality time visiting with family and friends at Slice and supporting a great cause.  Sorry, but Marie has all the pictures from the event.


We came home to spend a little more time with Jason before it was time for bed.  It was by far the best weekend we've had in a loooooong time.  We don't get to see Jason much and while I'm ever so grateful for that (since he is the reason I am able to stay home with my Buttah), we sure do miss him.  We treasure the moments we get with him and try and soak up each and every second possible.  I feel like I'm always trying to go, go, go when we're together and I know all Jason wants to do is relax (he's ALWAYS on the go), but we don't get the opportunity very often.  He is such a trooper and always goes with the flow without complaining.  I think he loves hanging out with us even more than we love it, if thats even possible!!!!


On a side note-Our next BIG event for Suki is coming up and I am super excited about it!!!! We are Raising the Roof for Rett Syndrome.  It is going to be a Night of Karaoke Singing with a Live Band, Silent/Live Auction, Food provided by Slice, Beer/Wine.  A night of Fun for Adults.  Save the Date- November 8th, 2012-just 1 year after Suki was diagnosed (November 3, 2011) at Work Play from 6-11.  Go ahead and get a sitter, this is one event you won't want to miss!!!! For ticket information, feel free to contact me at 205.821-0959 or by email at bestofall13@yahoo.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment