The purpose of this blog is to help keep our family and friends updated with the happenings of our life. We hope this will help everyone feel more connected, as well as closer to us, despite distance.

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Our God is an Awesome God.

I'm still amazed by a fact that occurred the night before the strollathon, so I feel moved to share my story with all of you.  I am not sure you will be as touched by it as I am, but I want to write it down-even though I highly doubt I'll ever forget it it-just so I have it to treasure forever as another reminder of just how great our God truly is.



Phoenix usually goes to bed between 6:30-7:00 each and every night.  He wakes between 5:30-6:00.  On rare, and I mean very rare, occasions he will sleep slighly past (6:15ish) and we had one morning he actually slept until 6:30.  Boy did I rejoice :)  He goes down for his first nap around 8:00 and sleeps anywhere from 9:30-10:30.  We then do our thing, eat lunch and have another nap between 1:00-1:30.  He gets up from that nap between 2:30-3:30.  Again, we do our thing, have dinner, bath time and go to bed.  Fairly simple routine around here.

Okay, well seeing that the strollathon didn't start until 6:00, with the actual stroll starting at 6:45, I was literally having daily panic attacks as to how we would survive.  You see-Phoenix LOVES his sleep and he is not afraid to let you know when it is time for bed.  It is probably the only time he truly cries.  He has an obvious, "its time for bed" mode and when it happens, nothing and I mean nothing will help other than HIS own bed.  When I say I've been wrecking my brain trying to come up with a possible solution to getting him to "make it" through at least the stroll, I mean I tried coming up with everything.  Pushing his naps back-problem with that-if he gets overly tired-he doesn't nap well, then doesn't sleep well, then is fussy (uncontrollable screaming) during all awake times, so that was a no go.  Leaving him home with a sitter-but it was too important of an event for our family for him not to be there.  Whatever the option, I tried it, but never found a successful outcome.


So that left me with no other option but to just wing it.  I probably said a billion prayers leading up to that day to just "get me through it" so we could be there to support Suki.  I didn't care how much crying my son was going to do, we weren't going to miss this event, so I just prayed God would give me the patience to deal with my son.  This was about Suki and the other precious girls and nothing was going to take away from that.  End of story.


Friday night, August 3, 2012 the night before the event was like no other in our house.  Phoenix had his dinner and bath and went down for bed somewhere between 6:30-7:00.  Honestly, I don't remember exactly what time.  I got up the next morning, around 4:30 (I usually get up at 5:00) to get some baking done for the bake sale for the strollathon.  I'm happily baking away in a quiet house.  Get one batch of cookies done.  Bake another.  And then another.  Everyone is STILL sleeping.  Might as well keep baking!!!  So that's just what I did!!!! Jason finally woke up around 6:00 or so, but get this------Phoenix didn't get up until 7:20!!!!  Everyone see that???  Our God is an Awesome God!!!!

With him waking up at 7:20, all my worries are over.  Naps are automatically pushed backed without having to worry about him getting over tired!!!! Amen!!!!!  He took his first nap around 10:30 and his second nap from 3:00-5:00.  Talk about awesome timing!!!!  As soon as he got up, we headed out-his timing couldn't have been more perfect!!!

Okay, I mustn't forget to mention that not only was his timing impeccable, he lasted ALL night!!! We stayed to help clean up afterwards and didn't head out until around 10:00 and he was still as happy as could be!!!!!


Our God is an Awesome God.

 

2 comments:

  1. Janet Shunnarah BanksAugust 11, 2012 at 7:37 AM

    You're right, this is No coincidence. God heard mommy praying! Awesome story and thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet-Glad you enjoyed it as much as I do!!! I should've listened to my heart and not stressed. I knew God had it under control the whole time. His timing is always perfect! I'm always in "awe" over how awesome He is and how "present" he is in our lives on a daily basis. Words truly can't express how I feel about this story. I mean, Phoenix NEVER sleeps this late and the 1 day I really needed him to, he does. Definitely not a coincidence!!! The power of it gives me chills every time I think about it :)

    ReplyDelete