The purpose of this blog is to help keep our family and friends updated with the happenings of our life. We hope this will help everyone feel more connected, as well as closer to us, despite distance.

Friday, August 31, 2012

Get it Together Mama

I have NO idea why this picture makes me so stinkin' proud.  Whatever the reason, I can't seem to stop looking at it.  I haven't dared move the toys either.  Not sure when or if I will either.  I don't know if its because he actually lined them up so neatly.  Maybe its the teacher coming out in me.  It could simply just be the fact that he is starting to show more structure in his playing habits.  Who knows.

All I know is this might just be one of the proudest moments for me as a mother.  I know, it sounds absolutely ridiculous.  Something as simple as lining up 4 trucks/cars worthy of a blog post, making me THIS proud I could seriously go on and on and on about it.


I just wish I could put my finger on it.  I wish I knew what exactly it is about this "line up" that makes my heart beam with pride.  Regardless, its moments like this I work so hard for on a daily basis.  I LOVE turning my head for a second or walking out of the room for a minute only to return to a surprise like this, not a total mess all over the place.  Phoenix is truly a wonderfully behaved child and sometimes I forget how Blessed I am.  

Ha-maybe that's it.  Maybe, the trucks were blog worthy to remind me just how Blessed I am.  I've been struggling with a few things lately and I've really needed to reevaluate some stuff and maybe, just maybe, that's just what Phoenix was trying to tell me.  He was trying to tell me to get my priorities in line.  Its amazing how much my Buttah teaches me.  If only I'd learn to stop and listen more often!

Seriously-I had no clue what this was all about until I started writing this blog, but it all makes sense now.  I just couldn't seem to let it go.  Now I get it :)  However, I'm still super impressed that he lined up all his trucks like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment