The purpose of this blog is to help keep our family and friends updated with the happenings of our life. We hope this will help everyone feel more connected, as well as closer to us, despite distance.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Job of a Life Time

Jason and I joined Life Time Fitness back in December when they first started taking members.  There is just soo much about the place that attracted us to it.  Jason loved the slides the best.  I loved the child center the best.  Not only do they have outdoor and indoor pools, they have a salon, spa, all natural cafe, tennis courts and workout areas along with specialized classes.  Jason and I were thrilled to have a place to go as a family to work out, eat, and swim.  Phoenix and I were looking forward to endless hours in the pool.  Okay, fine-actually just Phoenix, but I guess I'll suck it up for the sake of my son's enjoyment :).

The child center is broken into different ages.  They not only entertain your child while you work out, they teach them as well.  They offer Spanish classes, art classes, kids work out classes, have Mac computers they can use (20 min. time limit), and soo much more.  It was a dream come true for me!  The first place where I felt I would be okay leaving my child.  Where I felt he would be gaining something while being there, thus eliminating the guilt of me leaving him.  I was thrilled.

Well, I received an e-mail from them with a list of their current openings.  Leave it to me, to jump at the idea (idea only) of actually working there :).  It sounded good.  A little too good actually.  I sent a few emails asking if they had any part time gigs in the child center.  I started the process unbeknownst to Jason.  Here is where I'm at now:

I have recently accepted a job working in the child center.  I am beyond thrilled.  My son can come to work with me.  I only have to work 10-15 hours a week.  I get free membership, along with my kids.  Jason's membership will only cost me $49.00/mth.  I am going from paying 159.00/mth to 49.00/mth, you've got to be kidding me.  I also receive 25% off of all services (salon, spa, parties, lessons, cafe, etc.).  They also offer insurance-health, dental and vision.  And I only have to work 10-15 hours a week.  Seriously??? Could it get any better????  Oh, and I get paid on top of all that!!!!

I was not looking for a job prior to this.  I do not know if it will last.  I do have a house, a husband, a 21 month old and another child on the way, as well as a company that I am also in charge of.  I do know though that I am truly excited about this opportunity.  I am really looking forward to this experience.  If it doesn't work out, at least I know.  Its just too good to pass up.  Especially because the area where I'm working is the whole reason I joined the place to begin with.

I can also say they have been wonderful about working with me in order to make this work.  They are aware this isn't a "necessity," as much as it is a "want."  They are open to my ideas and everyone is super friendly.  They have gladly accepted my work requests and never once made me feel as though this isn't going to work out for all of us.  They are a wonderful company and that makes me soo much more excited to start working there.

If you haven't heard of Life Time Fitness, you definitely need to check them out.  They have clubs all over the country.  They do a month to month membership because they strive on results.  Positive results keeps people coming back, not a year long commitment.  They truly want to improve all aspects of your life.  And they are "family" oriented.  They focus on everyone.  Let me know if you'd like more information about the Club or if you're interested in seeing it.

I can't wait.  They are opening April 13 (I believe) and I can't wait to take full advantage.  As an employee but also as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment