The purpose of this blog is to help keep our family and friends updated with the happenings of our life. We hope this will help everyone feel more connected, as well as closer to us, despite distance.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

1 going on 3

If you are to ask Phoenix how old he is, he'll respond with 3!  Does he not know his Mama is trying to slow down time, not speed it up????  Besides, whats the big deal about 3??? Its not like you can drive a car, vote, or even drink alcohol.  Slow it down buddy.  Maybe its because he knows I'm not planning anything exciting for his birthday this year, so he just wants to skip it :).  Who knows.

He turned 22 months last week.  Seriously, just one more month before the kid is 2???? My heart grows sad just thinking about it.  He is quite the character these days and so I'm constantly having to remind myself that he isn't even 2 yet.  Its crazy how grown up I think he is, when all I really want is for him to be a baby.  It makes no sense at all.

A few of my favorite things at the moment:
  • bess you (when you sneeze)
  • Allah (when you cough)
  • I miss you
  • how he now tells me what he wants for breakfast (its usually eggs, cereal, oatmeal, muffins, waffles, or pancakes)
  • oooh gosh
  • woooah nelly
  • mama sad or mama cry (whenever I act sad) and follows up with a big hug and kiss
  • no cry baby
  • how he cleans up one thing before moving on to another
  • how well he follows directions
  • unn kle daaanny
  • how he is constantly asking for a "prize" and knows when he sees candy its a "prize"
  • how when we pass by starbucks he says, "Off eee"
  • and when we drive by Doodles he says, "i cream"
  • he recognizes our street and says hoome whenever we turn on it
  • and the post office-saying, "Mama right back" as soon as we turn in
  • how he refers to Dada as Jason now
  • how he says his name (neenix or occasionally we get phoenix) and recognizes himself in his baby pictures
  • how he asks to sing Alleluia and The Our Father at night 
  • his rendition of Happy Birthday and his love for singing it repeatedly and reblowing the candles out
  • how he has changed our last name to Wang
  • and the spelling of his name to Pyox
  • his love for aminals :)
Again, the list could go on and on-no doubts.  It never fails that I forget everything I want to type when I finally sit down to actually blog.  Go figure.

We are finally getting over this awful sinus infection.  It has taken a long 2 weeks, a lot of sleepless nights, napless days and uneaten meals-but we have definitely made progress.  I say "getting over" rather loosely, as we are finally eating a bit more but still struggling with our sleep.  He is soo exhausted but can't seem to get comfortable.  Poor Phoenix was pathetic for a while, but he was a trooper the whole time.  I am soo proud of him.

He is still not liking the working thing very much.  I am trying really hard to not give up just yet.  We took last week off since he was sick, so we'll see how this week goes.  I might just be jobless again real soon but if thats what makes my baby happy, then I'm totally okay with it.



No comments:

Post a Comment