The purpose of this blog is to help keep our family and friends updated with the happenings of our life. We hope this will help everyone feel more connected, as well as closer to us, despite distance.

Monday, May 13, 2013

The Best One to Date

Yesterday was by far the BEST Mother's Day ever.  Seriously, my two boys made it ALL about me.  Never have I felt soo spoiled in my life.  It was wonderful.

The morning started out with none other than my regular from Starbucks.  I swear, it tasted twice as good just for the fact that I wasn't the one who went to get it :).  We then laid in bed together just playing with Phoenix.  We finally convinced ourselves to get up.

So out of bed we got and straight to the car we went.  No showers, no getting dressed, just up and left out for a fabulous breakfast at Cracker Barrel.  It was perfect.  Our waitress was beyond wonderful and Phoenix behaved perfectly the entire meal.  Oh-he also ate a TON!!!! Jason and I were amazed at how much food he put down.  And it wasn't even a kids meal :).

We then came back home to shower and get dressed.  Once that was handled, we packed our bags and loaded the car for a fun day at Homestead Hollow.  We went last year during November and we had a blast.  I was truly looking forward to spending great quality family time together while allowing Phoenix to be outdoors and just wonder around looking at everything.  The crowd was just right and the weather was beyond perfection.  We walked, shopped and ate for hours.  Anything we felt like eating or buying or browsing, we did.  Absolutely NO stress or care in the world.  God must've been on our side too because the day seemed to pass as slowly as sand in an hour glass.  For that, I will be forever grateful.  All 3 of us had the best day we've had in a long time.  And for that reason alone, my Mother's Day was beyond BLESSED.

However, it didn't end there!  We came home and Phoenix took a nap.  So of course, Jason and I did too :).  Then Jason got up and ran to the grocery store for me.  I stayed in bed!  Upon returning, Phoenix and I were outside playing in the yard.  We then headed in for dinner.  Dinner that I didn't have to go buy nor cook.  Boy was it nice.  After dinner we just lounged around for a bit.  Around 8:00 I decided I needed, yes NEEDED, a piece of cheesecake.  I thought for sure my Mother's Day had ended and I'd be headed to Cheesecake Factory for myself.  But no-my wonderful Jason surprised me and went and got me cheesecake and chocolate cake from there.  We all 3 shared a delicious piece of cake before Phoenix headed to bed.  A sweet ending to a perfect day.

I seriously wanted to stay up all night just to take advantage.  However, I'm thankful I didn't seeing that Phoenix was up 4 different times throughout the night.  Man will Jason and I be glad when this stinkin' sinus infection clears up.  I am Blessed beyond words to live the life I do.  My boys are my world and I thank God for them every day.













No comments:

Post a Comment