The purpose of this blog is to help keep our family and friends updated with the happenings of our life. We hope this will help everyone feel more connected, as well as closer to us, despite distance.

Monday, May 13, 2013

I Lost 100 LBs!!!!

Well, not literally.  But emotionally and mentally I have.  Although I had high hopes for my new job, I must inform you guys-it has sadly come to an end.

I was really left no other choice but to quit.  Its been a loooong time coming.  Ha--I've only been working 1 month but it seems like since day 1, me quitting has come up daily.  I tried to put it off as long as possible, still having little (but at least some) hope that it could work.  However, Jason and Phoenix didn't feel the same thing.

So, about an hour ago I went and spoke to my boss.  He's wonderful and I think part of me felt the worst for him-like I was letting him down or something.  He is fabulous to work for and does anything and everything to try and make your situation the best it can be.  So, needless to say, I was totally freaked out about this.  But I put my big girl panties on and had the talk.  To no surprise, he was 100% supportive of my decision-genuinely.  He asked me to at least consider coming back in December, when Phoenix is a bit older and Luna will be 3 months (you have to be that age to be in the infant room).  Of course I'll consider it.  I'm delighted he's willing to take me back.  Truly shows what a great boss man he really is.

I enjoyed the people I worked with.  Most of the kids brought a smile to my face.  But seeing the tears in my sons eyes even before walking thru the doors and seeing how much added stress it was putting on Jason it was just totally not worth it.  I knew in my heart it was what needed to be done-and I told myself before taking the job I'd only do it if it worked for my family.

Sadly, they were suffering.  It had to go.  Chapter over.

No comments:

Post a Comment