The purpose of this blog is to help keep our family and friends updated with the happenings of our life. We hope this will help everyone feel more connected, as well as closer to us, despite distance.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The Countdown is ON!!!

Luna will be here before we know it (inducing the week of Sept. 9).  Seriously, where did the time go????  Poor girl doesn't get much blog time at this point in her life but no doubts that'll change once she arrives!

Besides being TOTALLY unprepared for her arrival, I am looking forward to a few things in the upcoming weeks.  Before my life becomes a complete mess.  Right now its at just 90%.  Ha!

The mere thought of her "arriving any day" is way beyond comprehension at this point.  Nothing, and I mean NOTHING is ready.  Her room is a mess, her carseat is who knows where, she doesn't have a "coming home" outfit, and I might not be able to have an epidural.  Those are just a few reasons I'm in total denial about this kid coming.  But, it is what it is, right????!!!!

Like I said earlier-there are a few things I am actually looking forward to.  One being-tomorrow night.  I am getting my hair cut and colored.  I cannot express my excitement.  I haven't had as much as a trim in over 2 years, so this is a real treat for me.  My dr. gave the approval for me to color it-now that everything is fully developed.  I am looking soo forward to this-rather its for the actual cut (losing like 10lbs)/color or just the 2 hours to myself just relaxing-who knows.  Either way, my hair definitely needs it, maybe more so than my mind!

I am also very excited about my brother coming in town.  He is coming the week before Luna is scheduled to show up, but Phoenix LOVES him.  He spends soo much time with Phoenix and plays with him constantly.  He even spends the night.  Such a change from always having to go to everyone else.  Good thing we got Phoenix bunk beds :). Such a great Uncle!  I love watching the two of them together.  Just wish he'd stay an extra week so he can meet his newest niece, Luna.

The thing I am the absolute most excited about-ready for this.....I have convinced Jason to go with me and have a mani/pedi the week prior to induction.  Just me and him.  No friends, no family, no Phoenix.  Just me and him.  I HATE having my toes done-i HATE feet.  Any and all, however, I know how much he will love it.  I mean, I can totally see him going back every month to have a pedicure.  Those of you that know him, totally get this I'm sure.  I'm not going to make him get a mani, but I know he'll be sold on the pedi in no time!!!!! I can't wait to see how much he enjoys this time and relaxes and gets spoiled a bit for a change.  I am also super excited about the fact that it'll be like the 2nd or 3rd (thats probably an exaggeration seeing I can think of only 1) time we've gone on a "date" together since Phoenix.  Long overdue for some Jason and Juliet time before Luna gets here.  Seriously, the time for this to happen is taking waaaaay longer than the time for Luna to get here.  How sad is that!

But overall, we are doing well and hanging in there.  We are excited for our newest member and for the time before hand to prepare both mentally and physically.




No comments:

Post a Comment