The purpose of this blog is to help keep our family and friends updated with the happenings of our life. We hope this will help everyone feel more connected, as well as closer to us, despite distance.

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Time to Face my Fear....

of letting Phoenix go Pee-Pee in PUBLIC.

Yes, its true.  I refuse-I mean seriously refuse to tee-tee in public and I always knew it'd become an issue once we reached that point with Phoenix.  Up until now, I've been able to keep him in panties at home (with no accidents), but in diapers whenever we go out.  Quick trips to the bank and grocery store I'd let him wear panties to, but if we were to be out longer than 30 minutes or so, I'd throw his teezo in a diaper just to avoid the public bathroom.  I totally blame myself for the fact that he isn't potty trained because I know he is ready-its ME thats not!

Jason called last night to tell me he was on the way home and to get dressed and have Phoenix ready as well.  As I was changing him, he refused to take his panties off.  I mean refused.  So, instead of fighting him, I went with the flow.  Knowing Jason was there in case the bathroom was needed, helped me a bit but I was still totally grossed out by the idea of my son using a public bathroom.

Anyways, we went to dinner.  He never had to go.  I told Jason to take him in to try just in case before we left but leave it to a man to say, "We're going to the park.  He can just go in the grass."  I was a bit relieved but also a bit perturbed.  I don't need him thinking he can go outside anywhere and everywhere, but knowing this was a private park we were going to (so we'd be the only ones there), I let it go.

We arrived at the park and played for a while.  He finally went off in the grass (sorry mr. acton) to pee-pee.  I was soo proud of him for not having an accident!  After the park, we went and had ice cream.  Again, no accidents.  We were gone probably 2-3 hours with not one issue.  August 2, 2013 the FIRST time out in panties for more than 30 minutes or so and we had NO accidents! 

I was super proud of him, but that means just one thing-Pee-Peeing in public is about to start so I guess its time to face my fear.  Please pray for me.


1 comment:

  1. My boys didn't pee in public FOREVER. I'd literally pull the car over on the side of the road and they'd pee right outside the van. Or we'd leave the public place and go out back and pee, then go back inside! Then we upgraded to water bottles, but those, I warn you, can get full fast! And BTW, boys wear UNDERWEAR, boxers, or boxerbriefs, NOT panties! Get it right!
    Big Sis with 2 Boys that Knows Best!

    ReplyDelete