The purpose of this blog is to help keep our family and friends updated with the happenings of our life. We hope this will help everyone feel more connected, as well as closer to us, despite distance.

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Wake Up with the Animals

The zoo held an event, Wake up with the animals, this morning.  I signed up for 1 adult, not sure if Jason was going to have to work or not.  He told me late Thursday night that he thinks it would be fun for us to all go together.  Friday morning, I called and the event had already closed.  I was too sad, thinking this might be one of the last times as a family of 3 we get to do something fun.  I left messages asking if I could join, without eating-which is what the charge was for-but never heard back.  I finally called back and they said that I could go!  Soo fun! I knew Phoenix was going to love it, since it is the zoo and animals and Jason had only been 1 time with us before-like a year ago.

We didn't tell Phoenix where we were going, just that Mama and Dada were taking him for a surprise.  Of course, half way there he figured it out-apparently he knows how to get to the zoo :).

We got there at 7:45 and registered.  Then there was a show featuring some of the animals.  Afterwards was an elephant encounter and the breakfast.  It was a beautiful morning and very nice to walk around the zoo without people everywhere.  Even ride the carousel all by ourselves :)

















No comments:

Post a Comment