The purpose of this blog is to help keep our family and friends updated with the happenings of our life. We hope this will help everyone feel more connected, as well as closer to us, despite distance.

Friday, August 2, 2013

Hodgepodge

In an attempt to catch up, i'm doing a hodgepodge of lately.  Hopefully i'll regain my motivation soon.

-Update from 2 year doctor visit:  weighs 29 pounds (now a bit over 30) and is 35 1/2 inches.  Roughly 75% in both.  He checked out great in all areas!

-Can count to 10 in Spanish, much to my surprise. Also uses agua, gracias and de nada.  Can also throw in some random Arabic words as well!

-Speaking in sentences more and more every day.

-Is definitely having his "2" moments but can usually be sidetracked by a change of subject.

-Loves his sister, Moona but doesn't like the doctor messing with mama.


-Swimming, play dates, cousins and story times fill most of our summer days.  Oh-and Barnes and Noble since I can't do the zoo very often anymore :).




-Cousins Isaiah and Andrew came for a visit.  We had a blast with them.




They kept us busy but we wouldn't have it any other way.  Phoenix hasn't seen them since he was a few weeks old, so A LOT has changed ;).  And although he kept telling me, "I no like Chele-Chele," he asked for her every morning!

-I braved the Gardendale splash pad alone with Phoenix and 4 of my 5 nieces.  Marie brought Suki after therapy.  It was fun but boy was I tired.  Love being able to take the girls with us though! They are such a fun spirited group!


-We took a family day out to Leeds.  We tried going to BassPro Shop, the Pants Store and the outlets, but our plans kept getting messed up.  The one good thing from all of it though was the outlet had a mini petting zoo.  There is nothing Phoenix loves more than his music and his animals, so this was definitely a welcomed treat!



-We have purchased bunk beds.  They are still sitting in the garage, but hopefully this weekend we can have them up and ready for our big boy.  It makes me sad to move him to another room, but I'm excited about why we are doing it.  We are slowly getting ready for Luna's arrival-thankfully, I'm leaving her room exactly the same.  She is getting a wardrobe-or somewhat at least.  I think she has a laundry basket full that will last her winter and summer as of now.  I even bought her and Phoenix "matching" outfits.  Soo cute!!!!  Still shopping though.  She will make her grand entrance into our family in 5 weeks-at the most.  Depending on some things, it might be sooner.  Who knows :)! Either way, we are excited and looking forward to it.  We are definitely Blessed.  

-In the meantime, I am trying to soak up every minute with this kiddo.  Mama's best friend for sure!


I'm sure I'm leaving out a ton of great information but at least this will make me feel better about my recent hiatus.  










No comments:

Post a Comment