The purpose of this blog is to help keep our family and friends updated with the happenings of our life. We hope this will help everyone feel more connected, as well as closer to us, despite distance.

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

1 Month Update

I am a little late on updating on Luna.  Poor girl.  Her 1 week was like a month late, so I'm getting better seeing that I'm only 2 weeks late with this one :).  I promise to keep better records, sweet girl.

Her doctors appointment went well.  She is now in the 90% for weight and 50-75% for height.  Little chunker is (was at the time) almost 11 lbs.  She went from 50 to 90% in a matter of like 3 weeks.

She is a great eater, obviously, and a fairly good sleeper.  We've had a few nights of 12 hour stretches.  Most of the time, if she does wake up, she nurses for a few minutes and then is right back to sleep.  Not convinced she is waking from hunger.  Might be time to move her upstairs and see.  I'm just a bit too lazy for that right now though.

She is definitely more alert during the day.  Awake for hours at a time.  I enjoy it, but she is definitely more high maintenance than her brother ever was.  Likely because the slightest sound out of her and Phoenix makes me pick her up.  Good brother but not good for Sissy's independence.

She is also smiling a lot more and making some sounds, which are all just too cute!  Phoenix still loves her more than anything and is overly protective of her.  He shares his toys with her, covers her with her blanket, and is by her side faster than lightning if she starts crying.  He also loves  to help change her diaper and give her baths.

Speaking of-she HATES bath time.  I mean, hates it.  She screams non stop from the moment her clothes are off until the moment her head goes through her pajamas.  In return, I too hate bath time :).

She does great in the car, unlike her brother and could sleep all day everyday in her car seat if I'd let her.  She likes to be snug and warm.

She did great with her shots.  Brother even did well watching her get them.  I must add that he was a champ getting his flu shot.  I think its because he wanted to show Dada how tough he is.  Sweet boy.

She is a true delight, even when crying.  Its been such a Blessings to see the two of them interact and watch her grow so much in just a months time.  I can't wait to see more!






No comments:

Post a Comment