The purpose of this blog is to help keep our family and friends updated with the happenings of our life. We hope this will help everyone feel more connected, as well as closer to us, despite distance.

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

BEST Christmas EVER

Those were the words straight out of Jason's mouth :).  Let's be honest-I was thinking and feeling the EXACT same thing.  Hearing him say those words was such a relief, as I was a bit afraid of how he'd be feeling without our Dixie this year.

Here's just a few reasons why:

1)  It was our first Christmas as a totally, 100% complete family (other than the pets I'm sure we'll adopt in the future).  Our first Christmas as a family of 4.


2)  Christmas Eve was PERFECT.  Other than me running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to finish buying presents and getting my baking supplies, that is!!!!  We went to church at 5:00, both kids fell asleep on the way home and Jason and I spent good quality time bonding while preparing for Santa!  The same Santa our son wanted absolutely NOTHING to do with.





3) Christmas morning.  Oh what a BLESSING it was.  Luna woke up around 4:30 or 5:00.  We kept her up, thinking Phoenix would be up shortly after!


Poor kid got tired of waiting and ending up going back to bed.  Unfortunately, she missed all the fun :(
Phoenix finally woke up!!!!!!


I'll NEVER forget this face.  NEVER.













Phoenix Got:  bracelets, necklaces and a watch (what he asked Santa for).  A cash register (because 3 isn't enough), a nerf gun, golf clubs, a key board, a bunch of Thomas the trains and tracks, a big boy train, a bow and arrow, clothes, and tons of little stuff.  He also got a really cool light machine!

Luna Got: clothes, an activity block, also the cool light machine and some little toys.

Jason Got:  a nerf gun, a framed pic of him and the governor (which he claims as his favorite gift) (I think thats who it is anyways :)), boots for hunting, jeans, a NorthFace jacket, a camera holder that attaches to his bow, new hunting gloves and some small goodies.

I Got:  a new camera!!!!! Jason even took the initiative to charge it overnight so it would be ready to go Christmas morning!!!! New shoes and a sweatshirt, as well as some other little goodies.  I also got a matching BCS shirt with Jason.  But my biggest and bestest present ever (sorry Jason, not the camera):  Phoenix likes Santa!!!!!!!!!!  He really likes him.  He kept saying over and over Christmas morning how much he likes him.  Then on the way to my sister's house, every time we'd pass a Santa decoration he'd say, "Mama, Dada look its Santa.  I love Santa.  Thank you Santa for (and then he'd name all his new toys)." There truly was no great joy in my day!

I must also include that another one of my favorite gifts this year was vacation.  Not in the form of us going anywhere, but in that Jason actually took some time off.  He hasn't taken any time off (not even when our kids were born-other than the actual day of births) since we started our company over 5 years ago.  It was soo nice to have him around.  

Luna did open a few presents at my sisters house though :).





Once we got back home, Brother helped her open her gifts from Santa.

It isn't often Jason is right.  Not in this house anyways :).  However, I will give him credit for this one.  I couldn't have said it better myself.  This was by far the BEST Christmas EVER.  Thank you Jason, Phoenix and Luna for making it so.  And of course, Happy Birthday to our all time favorite person, Jesus.  






No comments:

Post a Comment