The purpose of this blog is to help keep our family and friends updated with the happenings of our life. We hope this will help everyone feel more connected, as well as closer to us, despite distance.

Sunday, January 5, 2014

S.L.A.C.K.E.R.

Apparently, having 2 kids has turned me into the world's biggest slacker.  Especially in terms of my blog.  Every time I go to blog, I think of a million other things I need to be doing, so the blog gets behind.  I am truly working on that, since I haven't opened Luna's baby book to keep up with things there either:(.

So....here is a hodgepodge of lately:

BIG BOY PANTIES
Now, I don't know exactly when Phoenix stopped wearing diapers, but its been a few months (it was sometime around the end of September), at least (see, I told you I was a slacker).  He went from only wearing pull ups at night to wearing undies ALL the time.  We've had a few accidents(only at night), but VERY few.  I am soo proud of him!!!!!

Gosh, I just love this little teezo too too much!!!!

FIRST OFFERING
Luna had her first offering to the Church on November 17, 2013.  It was such a special day.





FIRST BOTTLE
This happened waaaaaay before I ever intended.  However, with Luna refusing her medicine, I had no choice.  I started pumping.  We give her a bottle in the morning and another at night.  I only give her 2 ounces via bottle, then she gets the boobster.  I mix her medicine with her milk in the bottle.  Its the only way she can keep it down.  Let me just tell you.  Its been totally worth it.  She is like a new kid.  She is finally truly happy again and is sleeping like a champ!!!!  Her first bottle was December 5, 2013.  She took it like a champ and has had no problems going between it and the boobster.  



FEAST OF ST. NICHOLAS
We left our shoes by the fireplace for St. Nicholas to fill with goodies.  He also brought Phoenix an elf, which has since been named Mr. Elf, or Elf for short.  St. Nick was hoping Elf would help Phoenix like Santa.  So far, we haven't had much luck.  He no like Santa.  Phoenix was super excited to wake up to find his shoe filled with candy and surprises.  Of course, Sissy left her shoes out, but Dada helped her out by eating ALL her candy!











DATE NIGHT
Phoenix and I had a date.  Just another perk of a bottle!  We went to dinner and to watch LuLu perform with Holiday Show-offs.  My parents joined us for dinner, which was great for me.  Apparently, the waitresses at Applebees were far more entertaining than me.  I don't think I got a good 5 minutes with this kid.  He was too busy flirting with all the girls.  

Yes, he is entertaining all of them.  Right after this picture, 2 more girls joined :)

ST. NICHOLAS AT CHURCH
Sunday, December 8, 2013 we had our St. Nicholas party at church.  It was super fun.  St. Nick handed coins out to all the kids and they then went to the different merchants to spend their money.  Lunch and a play by the Sunday School kids followed.






PICKING A TREE
We don't do anything fancy for this.  Just go to Lowe's and pick one we like.  Its still fun though!




We picked out the perfect tree.  Once we finally get it decorated, I'll post pictures :)!

BAKING COOKIES
Phoenix and I baked cookies.  Not for Santa though.  Since we no like Santa in this house, nothing we did could involve him.  Poor guy!  It was such a fun afternoon while Sissy napped!




Okay, I think that hits most of the highlights.  Sissy did get her ears pierced somewhere in the middle, but that deserves its on post.  It will follow :)!!!!  I'm not much of a resolution girl, especially since its already the 5th of January, but my goal is to stay up to date on this!!!! Fingers crossed (for the sake of my kids if nothing else).







No comments:

Post a Comment