The purpose of this blog is to help keep our family and friends updated with the happenings of our life. We hope this will help everyone feel more connected, as well as closer to us, despite distance.

Friday, January 17, 2014

Thank You Kind Lady

Thank you to the lady in the white Land Cruiser (I'm almost sure thats what kind of car it was) that was next to me at a stop light in Cahaba Heights yesterday, well Wednesday now.

You're timing was impeccable!

I knew I looked rough.  However, I didn't realize just how obvious the "rough" was.  Not until this kind lady talking on her cell phone glanced over and pointed it out to me.

Again, thank you kind lady.

I had my the palms of my hands covering my eyes.  My head was killing me.  I mean, nothing I had tried even remotely touched the pain.  It was a migraine from Hell.  Phoenix had just fallen asleep and Luna was back there screaming like a war was about to start.  Top of her lungs, crocodile tears, the whole nine yards.

I just sat there.  Hands covering my eyes.  Praying for her to stop screaming and for Phoenix to stay sleeping.

While still talking on her phone, I noticed her mouthing something to me.  "Great, I must've left something on my car.  Oh crap, my car is about  to explode."  Any and all bad scenarios starting flooding my mind.

I finally braced myself enough to read her lips.

"Are you okay?"

I nodded and tried my best to smile.  Holding back the tears.

I glanced back over at her, thinking the thoughts running thru her mind had to do with how my poor kids are stuck with this wacko mother.

Her light just changed to green.  Before she pulled away, she pointed.  Still on her phone.

I was totally lost.  I looked up towards the Summit.  Nothing there.  Looked back at her confused.

She continued pointing and as she started pulling away, made the sign of the cross, while mouthing to me, "your cross."

Ah.  It hit me.  She was telling me to pray.  She was reminding me exactly what I needed.

It was that simple, yet that obscure to me.

I did just that.  I prayed.  Not for Luna to stop screaming.  Not for P to stay sleeping.  Not for my migraine to go away.  Not for my sanity.

Instead I prayed to God to continue Blessing me with my kids screams, their messed up schedules, and our ability to go with the flow.  I prayed for continuance with the success of our company so that I can spend the next years with my Babies, every last scream, every last tear.  Every last Everything.

I prayed a big thanks to God for sending that lady next to me.  Showing me EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED.

I still had a migraine.  Luna was still screaming with no end in sight.  And Phoenix was still sleeping ever so soundly next to her.

But somehow I knew everything was going to be okay.

THANK YOU KIND LADY.




No comments:

Post a Comment