The purpose of this blog is to help keep our family and friends updated with the happenings of our life. We hope this will help everyone feel more connected, as well as closer to us, despite distance.

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Just Not Yet

Yesterday was a hard day for me.

I took Phoenix to look at a MDO program.  He will start MBCC (Mountain Brook Community Church) the last week of August.  He'll go Mondays and Wednesdays from 9:30-1:30.  People say it'll be good for him.

I'm not convinced yet.

He is totally, 100% anti-school.  He has NO desire to go.  And as much as I agree with him, Jason feels differently.

As we were driving to his new school, I felt myself wanting to burst into tears.  I mean I was almost sick to my stomach.  However, with his already anti-school attitude, I knew I couldn't let him see me like that.  So instead, we talked about all the fun stuff he'd be doing.  About the friends, toys, learning, and snacks he'd get while at school.  To my surprise, he was actually excited.  He wanted to go see it.  He was excited for this adventure.  My heart was happy.

But I knew it was too good to be true.

We got there and went into 1 of the 2 3 yr old classes.  He was offered a snack by the teachers.  He sat and didn't move.  Not even touching his snack.  I stood by the door (I assured him I wouldn't leave).  Within minutes, he was crying and ready to leave.

We stayed.

After snack he went and joined the class for circle time.  They were singing about the days of the week.  They also counted to 15-in Spanish.  That might have sealed the deal for me!!!!  He didn't participate-just sat there.

I spoke with one of the teachers about the class during this time.

We then went to the other 3 year old class.  He didn't want to go in.  But we did.  He joined them for circle time as well.  They stood to sing a song and do the motions.  To my surprise, he joined in.  However, after that he was ready to go.

So we left.

I definitely have a favorite class.  Just based off of the teacher's personalities, Phoenix's personality, and the overall structure of how the two classes ran.  I now feel like a kid waiting on Christmas morning-I can't wait to see which of the two he gets in.  I'm guessing the one I liked less, since the other is mainly filled with kids that go 5 days a week.  Hopefully, I won't be disappointed however it turns out.  I do have a few people up there who are going to try and help my case :).  Fingers crossed.

Even though he didn't take to it as well as I hoped and prayed, I still signed him up.  I guess I was afraid I might chicken out if I didn't right then and there.  I was impressed with how the classes were run and the learning that was taking place.  I know Phoenix will love it once he understands how good this will be for him.  I know I will love it too.

Just not yet.




No comments:

Post a Comment