The purpose of this blog is to help keep our family and friends updated with the happenings of our life. We hope this will help everyone feel more connected, as well as closer to us, despite distance.

Friday, July 18, 2014

10 months...a tad late


Luna,

I can't believe we are less than 2 months away from your 1st birthday.  It is complete and total craziness to me.

You now have a total of 6 teeth.  4 on top, 2 on bottom.  The boobster is totally done with you now that you have teeth.  You bring me to tears almost every time you nurse.  You don't do anything intentional, I just think its the way you suck.  Knowing its not intentional is the only reason I've continued.  Food wise, you eat EVERYTHING.  You love bread, cheese, chicken and all veggies and fruits thus far.  You are an easy baby to figure out what to feed but you still insist on feeding yourself.  Therefore, I have to limit your yogurts, rice, oatmeal, grits, etc. because you make a bigger mess than you do eat (again, not intentionally).


You started crawling and pulling up the same day, July 1st, and you haven't looked back.  You will walk with us if we are holding your hands.  You are definitely more into finding trouble than your brother ever was.  Therefore, all eyes are on you 24/7.  You love the fireplace-and I know its just an accident waiting to happen.

Playing games at the bowling alley!
You are laughing a lot more these days.  You are ticklish.  Peek-a-Boo is still your favorite game to play and your brother is still your favorite person in the entire world.   You enjoy t.v., but not for long.  Place you on the floor with your bucket of toys in it, and you'll happily play for quite some time.

Your protector! Your everything!
Bath time is a challenge.  We try almost every time to just put you in the tub, but you can't seem to sit still safely enough.  You are always trying to crawl all over the place and constantly stand up.  Its just not a safe situation.  Therefore, you are still bathing in your ring.  You enjoy it though, so I guess I'll let it continue until you understand that you can't stand up in the tub.

Thankfully, the one thing you do fully understand is "NO."  You almost always listen the first time and immediately stop when I say no.  You can also tell when I'm serious in my talk or when you can "test" me.  I like that though.  It shows me your growing in your independence.

You take a good morning nap, which is about to change once brother starts school (you are normally napping around 9:00, when we'll have to take him) but I'm okay with that because I'm looking forward to taking you to your very own story time experience.  We will start that in September once you turn 1!  You already attend with Phoenix, but I'm excited to have this one on one time for you.  You also take a good afternoon nap.  I can usually get you to sleep whenever brother takes his nap too.  This is fabulous for me!  You have started throwing all your toys out of your bed, including your BB.  This doesn't make you happy :).  You are also sleeping great at night, usually going to bed anywhere between 6:00-7:30 and sleeping until 5:30.

Make up on...ready to start the day :)
You love Dada and always prefer him over me, unless you want the boobster!  You love hanging out with him and the boys down in the garage.  And you totally have him wrapped around your finger already!  He is always telling me how cute you look.  I love that he enjoys seeing me have fun with you (clothes wise) and that he notices.

Hanging with the boys! Don't worry-Dada was driving-oh, and
there was NO actual consumption of alcohol (beer is UNopen).





No comments:

Post a Comment