The purpose of this blog is to help keep our family and friends updated with the happenings of our life. We hope this will help everyone feel more connected, as well as closer to us, despite distance.

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Stats

We headed to the doctor July 1st for Luna's 9 month check up and Phoenix's 3 year.  I prayed for an easy outing, but got anything but :)

Luna,

You are a little over 21 pounds, putting you in the 90% for weight.  You are 2'4", in the 66% for height.

I spoke to the doctor about your lack of crawling, pulling up, etc.  I told her I wasn't overly concerned but was worried.  I also informed her that my lack of practice with you likely played a big part in that.  I am in no hurry for you to be on the move.  Low and behold-we return from the doctor and you start crawling EVERYWHERE.  I also put you down for bed that night and checked the monitor only to find you standing.  Needless to say, your crib got lowered at 8:30 that night :)!

You only had to get your finger pricked and you didn't cry at all.  However, you hated when the nurse tried putting the band-aid on.

You checked out beautifully and  cooperated even better.  Good job my sweet girl!



Phoenix,

You are 33 pounds, closer to the 75% (which was very surprising to me) and 3'1", closer to the 50%.

I spoke to the doctor about several concerns for you.  Mainly your stuttering.  It doesn't bother Dada or I but it obviously bothers you.  Often times you raise your voice out of frustration, hang your head low when trying to speak or totally change directions in what you are wanting to say.  Others have mentioned it to me as well, so I know it bothers some more than others too.  The doctor confirmed my belief that it is totally normal at this age and you will grow out of it.  Your brain simply processes way faster than your mouth.  I guess its because you always have soo much to say and your vocabulary keeps on growing.  I also spoke to her about sleep.  She says Dada needs to STOP falling asleep with you.  Ha-I've been telling him that for over a year ;).  He claims its his only time of the day with you and I can't take that away from him.  Its hard for me to argue with that.

You didn't have to get any shots either but you did have to have the follow-up blood work done to check your white blood count.  Lord, you would've thought they were taking you away from me and we were never going to see each other again.  You screamed and cried, kicked and wailed like I've never seen before.  It was quite embarrassing but also a little funny (not at the time).  Thankfully, we both survived.  Like your sister, you hated the band-aid.  I made you keep it on though because last time you took it off too early and got blood everywhere.  Wasn't going to happen again.  Thankfully, your blood work came back much better this time-sort of makes the whole debacle totally worth it!

I also got your blue card for MDO.  Its starting to become real that you will be gone 4 hours a day, twice a week in just over a month.  I mentioned it to your Dad the other day and he immediately got tears in his eyes.  He didn't want to discuss it and quickly changed the subject. He's not ready for this.  You aren't either.  You keep telling me "no school."  However, I truly think you'll love it once you get use to the idea.  It'll be hard since you've NEVER been away from me but it'll definitely be good for the both of us.  I am sad but am also looking forward to you growing up in a world outside of your comfort zone.  I promise baby, it'll be great!!!

I took you to the gas station for an icee and a treat afterwards.  You even got to go inside with me and pick out anything you wanted.  You originally picked cheez-its.  Silly boy :).

Thank God, everything looks great with you as well.


Both my babies are happy, growing and healthy.  Dada and I truly are Blessed and we thank God everyday for that.


No comments:

Post a Comment