The purpose of this blog is to help keep our family and friends updated with the happenings of our life. We hope this will help everyone feel more connected, as well as closer to us, despite distance.

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

3 years of F.U.N.

Phoenix,

I honestly don't even know where to begin with this.  Words cannot describe how incredibly proud of you your father and I are.  You are quickly growing into a well-mannered, own-minded, God-loving young boy.  Gosh, that makes me sad (the growing part, not the rest!).  You, my #1 baby-growing up :(.  However, I do want you to know that you have told me repeatedly that no matter how big you get, you'll always be my baby.  I will never let you forget or back out of that, don't you worry!!!!

You truly amaze us with your ability to listen, comprehend and remember.  You don't forget much.  Rather its how to get somewhere, a toy you brought along with us on an outing, or if someone has a boo-boo.  You listen.  I mean truly listen when people talk.  You take everything in.  Very observant.  Wise beyond your years.

Your vocabulary is amazing.  I don't know how else to put it.  You are constantly speaking with words well past that of a three year old.  Craziest part-you use them ALL in the correct context.  Sometimes, you'll say a bad word.  Your dad and I look at each other like, "how do we correct that? at least it was used correctly."  You LOVE reading and are constantly asking me to read to you.  That plays a big part in your vocabulary.

You love and teach your sister continuously.  While you have times when you aren't very nice to her, you ALWAYS take care of her when it comes down to it.  Rather its calming her down, hugging and kissing her, giving her toys or just talking to her, you are always trying to help her.  You reinforce her good behavior and discipline her bad.  You taught her how to clap.  Seriously-it was you!  She would only clap on command for you, no one else :).  You work on her signs with her too.  The bond you two have is simply MAGICAL.

You are totally into: dinosaurs, jake and the neverland pirates, pirates in general, music, cowboys and frozen and gunsmoke.  You also love tools, machines, playing outside, going to the park, eating at Tata's house, helping me cook and clean, as well as rescuing Sissy.  You are also into super heros and monsters.

You do not like: being told no, going to bed at night.....To be honest, that might be about it.  You are a very easy child.  Oh wait-theres one more....the thing you hate more than anything in this world-Dada going to work.

Food you like: You always request buk-buk (you told me you call it chicken now since you're 3!), green beans and macaroni for just about every meal.  However, you love steak, shrimp and crab legs.  You could also eat Chinese buk-buk and egg rolls for just about every meal also.

You will be starting MDO 2 days a week in just over a month.  You are in no way "ready" according to you.  However, I know it'll be tons of fun and I am looking forward to seeing you grow leaps and bounds from this fabulous experience.  I am also looking at putting you in a gymnastics class.  I think it'll be great for your coordination and I know you'll enjoy flipping all over the place :).

It amazes me how proud one can make a person in such a few short years.  You definitely like to test us these days, but we love you even more for that.  We love you just the way you are and wouldn't change a single thing about you! Not even the 4:00am wake ups, ready to start the day :).

Thank you for teaching us, loving us, and guiding us along in this journey of life.  We love going thru it with you.  You are our inspiration, our laughter, our tears.  But most importantly, you are one of our strongest connections with God.  You make us proud, kid.  Continue living life just the way you are.



Happy, happy birthday my sweet, sweet, sweet ray! May God Bless you with many, many more years of health and happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment