The purpose of this blog is to help keep our family and friends updated with the happenings of our life. We hope this will help everyone feel more connected, as well as closer to us, despite distance.

Thursday, November 22, 2012

A Few of the Many...

Reasons I'm Thankful:

    1. Phoenix
    2. He is my WORLD.  He is my EVERYTHING.  I eat, sleep, breathe HIM.  I would have it no other way.  He makes my life worth living.  He makes me strive to be bigger and better each and every second of every day.  He brings tears to my eyes and smiles to my lips.  He comforts me without saying a word.  He is the man I fell in love with long before I held him in my arms.


      2. Jason
      He is my rock.  My sanity.  My happy place.  He knows when I need to be comforted even when I pretend I'm okay.  He understands me better than anyone in this whole world.  He just gets me.  He is my best friend.  Even when we're fighting.  He gave me God's greatest gift and he loves him more than life itself.  He is tender hearted and not afraid to show it.  He cries with me.  He laughs with me.  We go up together and down together, but we are ALWAYS together.  GOD IS A GREAT MATCHMAKER.

      3. Anna & Victoria
      My two precious Goddaughters.  My love bug and my sassy frass.  
      My responsible 8 year old and my wants nothing to do with me 2 year old.  My Blessings.    In church each and every Sunday learning the ways of the Lord.  Praying and acting in ways grown adults could learn from.  They make my heart proud.  I love them like my own.  They are so dear to me.  My heart grows each and every time I see them. They bring pure joy to my life.  

      4. Anna, Abbie, LuLu, Suki, Ya-Ya, Isaiah & Andrew

      All 7 of my nieces and nephews bring so much to my life.  Each in their own unique way. I love each of them like my own and treat them that way.  They are all so full of personality.  They are all so very different.  Anna is the responsible one.  Abbie G is the home body.  LuLu is the wild child.  Suki is the inspirator & teacher.  Ya-Ya is the doll child.  Isaiah is the genius.  And Andrew is the punk.  I wish I could see the boys more.  I wish I could spend more time with the girls.  I just hope they all know how much I love them.

      5. Adopted Aunts
      Phoenix has a group of Adopted Aunts.  Aunt La-La, Aunt K-K, Aunt Kissa, Aunt Mel & Aunt Jen-Jen (from left to right).  They also happen to be the dearest friends of mine.  We are both very lucky people.  These woman love this kid like they love their own children.  Its blatantly obvious.  They do anything and everything for him at any given moment.  Their love is pure.  Their hearts are full.  Their arms are open.  Oh, and Phoenix just happens to love them too.  He doesn't think twice when left with anyone of them.  He is right at home with each of them.  They definitely make mine and my child's heart happy.
The list could go on forever.  Like God.  I am forever thankful for him.  He plays a major role in my life on a daily basis.  He is the center of our family.  He is always there for us, never judging, yet always forgiving.  He is Awesome.  Like my parents.  Although we haven't (and still don't) always seen eye to eye, they have always been there for me.  They have taught me, shaped me, and shown me things that I am now instilling (with modifications) in my own child.  Like my sisters and my brother.  We couldn't be more different.  However, I am very thankful for that.  Because of this, they have help teach me so much about life.  Not to mention people.  All of our lives have been completely different from the start, and still are to an extent but I'm thankful I have them to show me that sometimes its okay not to be exactly like each other.  I'm sure they would totally disagree though.  Like Jason's family.  Although I don't know them all that well, I am thankful for them.  They have shaped him into the man he is today.  The man that is teaching my son how to treat a lady even at such a ripe age.  Because of them, Jason truly understands the importance of family and fully cherishes our time together.  Like my church family, who is really just an extension of my family.  I have grown up with them over the past 33 years.  We have experienced a lot together.  I love that they are Family.  I love that Phoenix has so much Family.  I love that we are so close and I am thankful that we do this all in the name of God.

Again, the list could go on forever and ever.  I have a life that gives me millions of reasons to be thankful.  Not just today, but everyday.  I'm going to try and do better about remembering that.  So to all those on the list and all those not specifically mentioned but who deserve to be, Thank you.








No comments:

Post a Comment