The purpose of this blog is to help keep our family and friends updated with the happenings of our life. We hope this will help everyone feel more connected, as well as closer to us, despite distance.

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Brace Yourselves...

It's going to be a LOOONG one :)

Where to begin....

With Phoenix being at such a fun, exploratory age, I want him to get the most out of EVERYTHING.  Silly me :).  I really, really wanted to take him to one of the many wonderful (Old Baker's Farm especially) pumpkin patches and Boo at the Zoo this year.  However, with Jason's work schedule, we never did get around to either of the two.  BOO :(.  At least Phoenix doesn't realize he missed out.

Jason did get out a few decorations for the outside and a few for the inside of the house as well.  This is probably the first year we've decorated other than hand towels and a few small pieces here and there for Halloween (if you even consider what little we did "decorating").



Our first Halloween fun was at Church.  Of course we were almost an hour late because Phoenix was napping (we eventually woke him), but we did make it.  Trunk or Treat is always a blast and I just love seeing all our Church Family come together.  The kids all looked adorable and Phoenix had a great time!!!




That was on Sunday, the 28th.  With time running out and still no pumpkin patch or zoo trip in sight, we decided we'd at least better pick a night to carve a pumpkin.  Luckily, my mom who had no idea we stil hadn't gotten one bought one for us.  Jason and I had a "town" meeting on Monday night, so that really only left us with Tuesday-the night before Halloween.  Oh well.  Phoenix wasn't as interested in carving the pumpkin as I had hoped.  He definitely didn't like the stuff inside :).  








  
Halloween morning started out with a spooktacular breakfast for my cowboy.  Morning nap was interrupted because I really didn't want him to miss story time.  So glad I woke him.  Everyone looked so cute in their costumes and he really enjoyed getting candy so early in the morning.  The rest of the day was spent attempting to be productive.  Lucky for Phoenix, EVERYWHERE we went people were handing out candy.  Even though Phoenix wasn't interested in carving the pumpkin, trick-or-treating was a totally different story.  We went over to his Godfather's house, who has a HUGE Halloween party every year.  Phoenix took a late afternoon nap, which was perfect.  We got there and there were people EVERYWHERE.  Kids, adults, music, cars, candy, anything and everything you can imagine.  Phoenix was in Heaven.  He enjoyed looking at all the costumes and seeing all his friends dressed up.  He walked around and danced as the music played, doing his own thing.  One thing that was odd though, he kept walking up to Jason, signing please (like he wanted to go to the neighbors house).  Jason couldn't figure out what he wanted.  Phoenix finally figured out to come to Mama.  He walked up to me, signing please (again, like he was wanting to go to the neighbors house).  I told Jason I was going to take him trick-or-treating to a few houses.  I really didn't think he was going to actually go up to the door.  Ha-little did I know.  He marched from door to door holding out his bucket for people to fill.  He would then reach his hand into their bucket and grab for more.  Little stinker.  At least he would sign and say thank you after each and every house.  I was totally amazed that he actually "trick-or-treated."  Jason and I can't figure out how he actually knew what he was suppose to do.  We can only assume that he had been watching all the other kids going from house to house, but who in the world knows for sure.  Had he not communicated his desire to trick-or-treat, I would have never taken him.  Bad, bad mama.  I didn't even stay at the door with him.  I put him at the door, rang the bell and then backed away so he would do it by himself.  Never in a million years would I have thought he would have wanted, or even known what to do.  I learned quickly to never underestimate my kid and his smarts :)






So with or without a trip to the pumpkin patch and Boo at the Zoo, I would consider this a very memorable Halloween.  I can't get over watching Phoenix go door to door trick-or-treating, dancing in the yard with his friends, and lets not forget how adorable he looked in his costume :).  I love making memories like this.  This, my friends, is what life is all about.  Mama loves you.  Mama is soo very proud of you.  And may God Bless you to the Moon and Back my Sweet, Sweet, Sweet Ray.






















1 comment:

  1. Soooo sweet!!! Love this! Every single word! Your pretty amazing Jules! Phoenix is soo blessed to have a mother like you! :)

    ReplyDelete