The purpose of this blog is to help keep our family and friends updated with the happenings of our life. We hope this will help everyone feel more connected, as well as closer to us, despite distance.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Poll Talk

While I know most of your conversations today will be about the election and who will lead our great country, mine will be focused on Raise the Roof.  We only have 2 days left before the BIG event.

I am excited, nervous, anxious, ready, Blessed, and tired :).  We have sold a great number of tickets, but we haven't reached our pre-sale goal yet.  So, if you haven't bought yours yet-what are you waiting for??? Help us achieve our first goal of the launch party.

The other day I went out to get a few more donations and realized I was out of Donation Letters.  I came back home to print some.  While buying time, I got on FB and saw The Vestavian.  The Vestavian is our magazine that goes out in Vestavia.  It is also online.  Well, I got a brilliant idea to quickly submit an article to it telling them about Raise the Roof and SUKI Foundation.  Literally, had like 3 minutes (Jason had Phoenix for a bit, so my donation time was limited) to do this.  I really thought nothing of it, especially since we were so close in date to the function.  Anyways, I clicked submit and quickly regretted it.  I just knew something would be wrong.  After all, I didn't take the time to proof, reread, check details or consult anyone-I just did it-spur of the moment :).  At least it would help get the word out (or so that was my thinking at the time).  Oh well.

To my surprise, it was published on their online site the very next day!!!! Woo-hoo!!!  Here is the link:


Anyways, please remember as you engage in your election conversation today to ask whomever it is you are speaking to if they purchased their ticket(s) to Raise the Roof.  If they haven't send them my way (205.821.0959).  As always, you can refer them to www.sukifoundation.org as well.  

Yes.  I will go to the polls and vote today.  I will "voice" my opinion in matters other than what is #1 on my mind and heart at the moment.  Voting is a very important privilege that I plan on exercising, but I can guarantee you this-mentions of Raise the Roof will be right there with me at the polls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment