The purpose of this blog is to help keep our family and friends updated with the happenings of our life. We hope this will help everyone feel more connected, as well as closer to us, despite distance.

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Elf Party at Blue Willow

As soon as I heard about the Elf Party at Blue Willow this year, I knew I wanted to take Phoenix.  I called my cousin Mindy and asked if she and Hollis wanted to join.  Hollis is about a month and a half younger than Phoenix.  They always have a lot of fun together and have been great buds since birth.  It was originally scheduled for Labor Day, but due to rain got rescheduled for today.

After last nights bottom issues, I was so scared we weren't going to be able to make it.  Well, Phoenix did well through the night, even though he did wake up with poop coming out of his diaper.  After a morning bath and some quiet time in his bed, he seemed good to go.  No more explosions, thankfully!

I got him up and dressed and the poor kid was still exhausted.  I really wasn't sure we were going to make it.  I was literally counting down the seconds until 9:00.


We passed the time by putting away dishes that were already put away :)  Mama's big helper!!!!



But that only bought be so much time.  I knew we either had to leave or we weren't going to make it.  So we left.  Mindy, Chuck and Hollis were running a few minutes late and since we literally live like 30 seconds away I tried to entertain Phoenix in the parking lot of Winn Dixie (since that is where parking for the event was).  That wasn't much of a success, but it was totally worth it once we made it over to Blue Willow.  I didn't even attempt to bring my camera or pull out my cell phone, but thankfully Mindy was able to capture some great moments for me.  Thanks Mindy!!!







So as you can see, everything was a big hit.  Well, everything except Santa!  I think Santa looks just as startled as poor Phoenix!  Apparently this was the first kid to react in this manner :)  

We even got to write a letter to Santa, color a picture of the Nativity and make our own reindeer food!  Did I mention get our picture taken with Santa, get a balloon animal, have our face painted, watch a movie, play games, meet jingle and jangle (not really sure what their names were), and more.  All for $4.00.  Seriously-it was fabulous!

I tried blowing it up but you still couldn't read it.  Sorry.  
Hate that you can't see his beautiful coloring here either :(
Reindeer food.  Maybe I'll send some with Jason on his next hunting trip!

This is definitely something I would recommend.  Something that I am definitely planning on attending again next year!  Phoenix and Hollis both had a great time, as did Mindy and I.  I can't say the same for Chuck, but I guess thats to be expected from a guy :).  He was definitely a good sport though!














No comments:

Post a Comment