The purpose of this blog is to help keep our family and friends updated with the happenings of our life. We hope this will help everyone feel more connected, as well as closer to us, despite distance.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

I'm Raise'ing' the Roof for our Blessings

The day FINALLY came.  And went.  But almost a week later, I am still Raise'ing' the Roof for our Blessings.

Months of excel.  Months of papers everywhere.  Items scattered here and there.  Lists galore.  Hours in front of the computer.  Meeting after meeting.  Phone call after phone call.  Endless texts.  Loss of sleep.  Phoenix thrown in the shuffle of it all.  My house a mess.  Langscapes pushed to the side.

BUT IT WAS ALL WORTH IT.  EVERY SECOND OF IT.

And what made it even more worth it was seeing the overwhelming response of support we received the night of November 8th at Workplay.  With roughly 300 people and $35,000.00 dollars raised, God was truly present at the launch party.  There is no other way to put it.

SUKI Foundation is off to a great start.  With the support of Children's Hospital and the outpouring love, support, and backing of family and friends I have no doubt in my mind this foundation will reach ALL of its goals well before it ever thought possible.

It is because of the selflessness of the individuals that sacrificed their time to gather up donations, repeatedly gather for late night meetings, and take charge of the event.  Because of the hundreds of merchants who had faith in a foundation they had never heard of and didn't think twice giving a donation to our cause.  To the handful of people who spent their Thursday at the venue frantically setting up so that every aspect had that perfect touch.  To the vendors who sacrificed their workers and talents so that this launch party would truly be the best that it could be.  And to all those who made arrangements so that it was possible to come out to support SUKI Foundation and what it stands for.  This is how I truly know God was present.

I really don't know what else to say.  The night surpassed my expectations.  Part of me is surprised.  Part of me isn't.  Team Suki never fails us, and I know they never will.  I guess I was surprised that we actually pulled it off :).  Who knew we had it in us.  Its amazing how easily one can move mountains when given the right motivation.  

Almost a week later and I'm still Raise'ing' the Roof for our Blessings.



Hopefully you will be able to enjoy this video that was played at our event.



No comments:

Post a Comment