The purpose of this blog is to help keep our family and friends updated with the happenings of our life. We hope this will help everyone feel more connected, as well as closer to us, despite distance.

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Next stop, the North Pole!

Yesterday during naps, I was browsing FB.  I found a lady selling 2 extra tickets to the North Pole, on the North Pole Express in Calera.  This is something I wanted to do with my kids, looong before they were even in existence.

However, with Jason never knowing how his work load is going to be or what jobs he'll be doing at the time, I can't buy tickets that far (in July) in advance.  Boo :(.

So.....I jumped on her offer.  Called my mom to see if she could watch Luna, then called Jason.  He went back and forth about wanting to go.  It didn't start until 8:00, it was in Calera (like 45 minutes away), he worked all day and wanted to get up early to hunt.  It was like 4:00 at this point.  Mom could watch Luna, but at her house.  She had cooking to do.

I considered taking P alone, if the lady would sell just one.  As I was about to see if I could buy 1, Jason called to tell me he wanted to go.  He said he knew he would regret it if he didn't or if P missed out.  I totally got where his hesitation was coming from, but I totally jumped at his yes.

P took a long, late nap (coincidentally) and Luna was having a good day.  Jason got home around 5ish. We had dinner and I got P ready.  Unfortunately, I didn't have enough time to dig out his holiday pj's :(.  I was rushed with excitement about our date with Phoenix.  I did manage to throw a Christmas shirt on him though!  I got dressed and loaded all Luna's belongings up and we headed out.  I didn't even have time to grab my camera :(.

All the while, P kept saying he "no like Santa."  He even said he didn't want to go on the train if Santa was going to be there.  In the back of my mind, I kept saying "$70.00 down the drain.  Jason was right, it wasn't worth it."  Ironically enough though, Jason was the one who was motivating us to go at this point.

We got there and waited for the lady with our tickets.  We were on the very first train.  The first to arrive in the North Pole and the last to leave the North Pole.  The first to see Santa and the first to get cookies and chocolate milk.

Phoenix was soo excited about all the trains.  He loved being on a real one and enjoyed seeing all the light up decor on the ride to the North Pole.  He sang along to Christmas songs and danced in his seat.

He saw Santa.  He watched intensely as Santa made his way down the aisle towards us.  As Santa was passing us by, Phoenix shouted out to him his Christmas list.  My heart filled with joy seeing the magic in my sons eyes.  He was excited about Santa.  The first time in almost 2 1/2 years.  That moment right there made the whole night totally worth it.

He took his picture with Santa and Mrs. Clause, ate cookies and drank chocolate milk.  He even got a present from Santa.

It was a late night, but one that was totally worth it!!!!  Phoenix doesn't get much attention these days with Luna being soo needy, so it was nice to have a night to focus solely on him!!!!

He woke up this morning with his glo light in hand, talking about the night!

Needless to say, our holiday season is off to a Magical start!!!!


Getting ready to depart for the North Pole.

He's excited about seeing the elf!

First Santa sighting!!!!!

Trying to get Santa's attention by shouting out his Christmas list!

Look-no Tears!!!! We even got a SMILE!!!!!

Cookies and......

Chocolate Milk!!!!!

Dancing the night away!!!

Presents from Santa! A snow man for P and ornaments for Mama and Dada!

Look at the MAGIC between these two!!!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment