The purpose of this blog is to help keep our family and friends updated with the happenings of our life. We hope this will help everyone feel more connected, as well as closer to us, despite distance.

Friday, March 21, 2014

Open Wide

Phoenix had his very first dental appointment on Wednesday, March 19, 2014.  We have been talking about this to him for months.  Trying to prepare him.  Trying to convince him there's nothing to be scared of.  Trying to inform him of what to expect.

He kept telling us he didn't want to go to the dentist.  Every time we'd ask him to open wide, he'd say no.  He wasn't having any of it!

On Tuesday, we ran to Smith's to buy a present for a birthday party he has on Sunday.  While there, I told him he could pick out anything he wanted and if he was good at the dentist the next day he could have it.  We searched the store high and low for a guitar.  Of all things.  Sadly, they didn't have one.  So instead he picked out a race car thing.  I had them wrap it.

Wednesday morning he kept saying, "We first go to Sissy's appointment.  Then to the dentist for me!"  He seemed excited.  Sissy had her 6mth appointment at 8:30 and Phoenix had his dentist appointment at 9:45.  What in the world was I thinking, right????



After Sissy's appointment, he appeared really excited.  He kept talking about the computers the dentist had.  We showed up and he went straight to the computer station.

When it was time, he went straight to the hygienist.  He held her hand, sat in her lap and carried on with her like they were best buds.  He did everything she asked, letting her check, brush and floss his teeth.  Never once cried, showed fear or objected to what she asked.  I was soo super proud of him.

He did great with the dentist as well.  They were definitely buds!





I guess I should also mention that his teeth look perfect.  No wormins for us!!!! After the appointment we went for lunch and he got to open his surprise!!!! He was one happy boy :)  

If you are looking for a pediatric dentist, I highly recommend Powell Pediatrics.  After several friends suggested him and several others on FB, I went with it.  Sooo very glad I did too.  From making the appointment to the whole office visit-everything went better than I ever imagined.  It truly was an experience I'll never forget.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment