The purpose of this blog is to help keep our family and friends updated with the happenings of our life. We hope this will help everyone feel more connected, as well as closer to us, despite distance.

Friday, March 21, 2014

Update on Making the Switch

We had our first official doctors appointment on Wednesday with our new pediatrician.  I'll be totally honest-I had a minor major panic attack walking into the office that morning.  I didn't want the receptionist ladies to judge me.  I didn't want the nurses to think of me as a problem mother.  And I surely didn't want to run into our old pediatrician.  There were soo many different thoughts and feelings running through my body.

But by the time we left the office I no longer cared what anyone thought.  Let me be the problem mother, let me see our old doctor, whatever-it no longer mattered to me.  I left that office knowing I did right by my kids.

Here's why.

I compared how thorough this doctor examined Luna compared to how the old one did.  I also compared Phoenix's past visits as well.  This doctor checked my kid.  I mean really, really checked her. It was probably the most in depth visit we've ever had.  In almost 3 years.

But its even bigger than that.

She discovered an "issue" with Luna.  An issue she says is very common but since Luna's has been untreated for 6 months is a bit worse than most.  Without going in to too much detail, I'll just say this:  Had we not switched doctors and realized this, the issue could have caused Luna some serious issues (bladder wise).  It could've lead to serious internal problems and possibly surgery.  I mean, I was livid.  Had her previous doctor checked her like she should have, this problem wouldn't even be an issue today.

Well, if this is a common problem, why in the hell did our old doctor not check her for it????? I never even knew such a thing existed.  As many times as I've examined every inch of my child, I never noticed it.  Never would have either.  Isn't that what doctors are for???? My poor girl is dealing with soo much right now and my heart hurts for her.

Her fussiness may not be personality after all.  It may be discomfort from her issue.  Who knows???? But I'm glad to know about it and we are working very hard to fix it before it causes any more issues.  Between his issue and her shots, Luna has been a super trooper.  We are extremely proud of her.

I was soo torn in making the decision to switch, even though God was showing/telling me exactly what I needed to do.  I'm glad I saw the light before it was too late by putting my kids before my worried feelings about how the doctor was going to take it.  Thank you God for pointing me in the right direction and for showing me at that appointment that I did indeed do what I needed to for the sake of my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment