The purpose of this blog is to help keep our family and friends updated with the happenings of our life. We hope this will help everyone feel more connected, as well as closer to us, despite distance.

Monday, March 31, 2014

Just What the Doctor Said....

When we went for Luna's 6mth check up I spoke to the doctor about her crying.  Not sure if its because Phoenix never cried or what, but I swear-I feel like thats all this kid does....SERIOUSLY.

She said it could be a few things.  1. Her personality.  Definitely NOT what I wanted to hear.  2.  Just "babiness (not her exact terminology, but you get the picture)."  This she would grow out of normally around this age.

I also think part of it had to do with her teeth.  Ever since tooth #2 broke, she has been such a happy baby!!!!

Thank God it was the latter.  The past week or so, Luna has been like a new child.  She is getting on a semi-normal schedule (naps are still tough since our schedule isn't consistent) and her bedtime routine is looking much more promising.

Her days now go something like this.  Wake up around 6.  Play for an hour or so.  Nurse.  If home, take a good nap (usually 1-3 hours).  If not home, sleep in car (only in car).  Nurse again.  Play.  Eat lunch.  Nurse.  Nap (usually 1-3 hours, depending on if we are home-usually are since Phoenix is napping too).  Wake, play, nurse.  Eat dinner around 5:30.  Take bath. Nurse and in bed between 6:30-7:00.  She usually wakes around 3:00, eats and goes right back to bed.  She also tends to sneak in catnaps whenever we are in the car.

I'm loving this schedule.  Well, all except the 3:00 feeding.  I only go up there if she is screaming (in fear of her waking Brother up) and thankfully, some mornings she'll just "talk" for a bit and then go back to sleep on her own.  This is definitely more ideal.


I am finally starting to feel more confident about venturing further away from the house, as well as staying out for limited periods of time in fear of her screaming nonstop wherever we are.  I feel like we are finally getting our lives back.  I am finally starting to feel like I can take her places without having to fear her actions (or words!!!).

She did great at Thomas the Train.  I'll be completely honest-I was scared to death to take her with us.  I had nightmares of how horribly wrong that outing was going to be.  But to mine and Jason's surprise-she did fantastic.  She didn't cry once.  Not during the rain.  Not during the train ride, not while being put back into the stroller.  NOT ONCE!!!!!!

This whole change in our child has made for a much happier family.  I am now more at ease with life.  Jason can finally stand being in the same room with her without having to wear his commercial grade headphones.  And Phoenix is finally starting to get more of our attention again.  Its soo crazy how someone soo young can determine a whole family's attitude.  We are slowly becoming that happy, stress free, life-loving family we once were.  And we are all loving it.



CONSIDER THIS A WARNING-IF LUNA GOES BACK TO HER OLD WAYS AFTER THIS POST, I SWEAR I MIGHT NEVER EVER EVER DO ANOTHER BLOG POST AGAIN.  



No comments:

Post a Comment