The purpose of this blog is to help keep our family and friends updated with the happenings of our life. We hope this will help everyone feel more connected, as well as closer to us, despite distance.

Monday, November 18, 2013

I Bit My Tongue...

and I shouldn't have.

There aren't many times in life when I don't speak my feelings, especially concerning my kids.  However, this time I did.  And boy do I regret it.  I guess I was just trying to show my son that sometimes you just have to walk away and be the bigger person.

Here's what happened.

We were checking in at the zoo.  In the members room.  I had tickets for the train and carousel already, but decided to buy more for next time.  As I'm paying for my tickets, this lady walked in.  She had a double stroller with 2 kids in pumpkin seats.  Older than Luna.  Another little boy and either her mom or mother-in-law (I'm assuming) were with her.  Phoenix LOVES kids, even more so now that he has a little sister.  He immediately walked up to the stroller.  Mind you-he wasn't touching anything or anyone.

The woman quickly yells, and I mean really yells, "NOOOO.  YOU DON'T TOUCH BABIES."  I quickly grabbed him, knowing he did nothing wrong.  I told him not to even look at them and we proceeded on our way.  The words came flowing through my mind but I quickly walked out, simply turning and giving her a look of total disgust.

First off-you don't want anyone near your kids, keep your ass at home.  Second, cover them.  Luna had a blanket draped over her seat, covering her. Not that I would care if a little boy came up to see her.  Third, he is a little boy-have some control over yourself.  To raise your voice and yell in such a hateful way to a 2 year old simply because he walked over to look at your babies tells me you have more going on in your life than I care to discuss with you.  

If you could've heard the hatred and anger in this woman's voice.  I swear, I can't get it out of my head. Who dares yell at a child in that tone, much less a child thats not even yours.  I truly felt sorry for her 3 kids, cause lord knows if she yells at a stranger like that there's no telling how she handles them.

I guess maybe thats why I walked away.  Obviously her issues run far deeper than my son walking up and looking at her children.  Whatever the reason for my walking, in my heart I do regret not standing up for my son.  I do want him to know that when appropriate, you have to take a stand.  However, he also needs to know that sometimes, some people just aren't worth your time.  In this situation, it was definitely the latter.

I kept looking for her throughout the zoo because I truly did want to say something about her tone to my child.  Lets just say God is a very smart man, because he kept us far apart :).  Further than I wanted, but definitely safer that way.  I was ready to punch this lady right in the face-no joke.

Other than that, our trip was fabulous.  The weather was perfect and Suki and YaYa came and met us too!!!! Always makes for fun times!!!  Luna slept most of the time, but did wake to eat and look around for just a bit!

The first of 2 train rides for the day :)

Why she missed seeing all the animals :)



No comments:

Post a Comment